Downloads of v 18.104.22.16840724
Windows Management Framework 4.0 includes updates to Windows PowerShell, Windows PowerShell ISE, Windows PowerShell Web Services (Management OData IIS Extension), Windows Remote Management (WinRM), Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), the Server Manager WMI provider, and a new feature for 4.0, Windows PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC).
This is available only for the following Operating Systems
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows 2008 R2
For Windows 8, there is not a package available. To get WMF 4.0, you must install the update to 8.1. For more information, please see http://blogs.msdn.com/b/powershell/archive/2013/10/25/windows-management-framework-4-0-is-now-available.aspx
To install Windows Management Framework and PowerShell 4.0, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install powershell4
To upgrade Windows Management Framework and PowerShell 4.0, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade powershell4
- This package was created prior to July 2014 - when package content started being included on the site. You can download and unzip the package or use Nuget Package Explorer to see the contents.
Virus Scan Results
- powershell22.214.171.124.20140724.nupkg (f4425c50aa9b) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- DotNet4.5 (≥ 4.5.20120822)
|Windows Management Framework and PowerShell 4.0 126.96.36.19940724||660538||Thursday, July 24, 2014||approved|
|Windows Management Framework and PowerShell 4.0 188.8.131.5231204||2572||Wednesday, December 4, 2013|
|Windows Management Framework and PowerShell 4.0 184.108.40.20631203||349||Wednesday, December 4, 2013|
|Windows Management Framework and PowerShell 4.0 4.0||1191||Tuesday, December 3, 2013|
Discussion for the Windows Management Framework and PowerShell 4.0 Package
- This discussion is only about Windows Management Framework and PowerShell 4.0 and the Windows Management Framework and PowerShell 4.0 package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Windows Management Framework and PowerShell 4.0, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.