Downloads of v 3.6.1
Protocol Buffers (a.k.a., protobuf) are Google's language-neutral, platform-neutral, extensible mechanism for serializing structured data. You can find protobuf's documentation on the Google Developers site.
This README file contains protobuf installation instructions. To install protobuf, you need to install the protocol compiler (used to compile .proto files) and the protobuf runtime for your chosen programming language.
To install Protocol Buffers, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install protoc
To upgrade Protocol Buffers, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade protoc
Install-ChocolateyZipPackage 'protoc' ` 'https://github.com/google/protobuf/releases/download/v3.6.1/protoc-3.6.1-win32.zip' ` "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" ` -checksum '65e5d6f890e8df5b6b411e3fdbad04c33b2bd34a3576f343a8986589bd8d05e2' -checksumType 'sha256'
Virus Scan Results
- protoc.3.6.1.nupkg (8c5531e36977) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- protoc-3.6.1-win32.zip (65e5d6f890e8) - ## / 61 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- protoc.exe (b91846dca5f9) - ## / 67 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
- Updated to latest version
|Protocol Buffers 3.6.1||5822||Monday, September 24, 2018||approved|
|Protocol Buffers 3.6.0||2261||Wednesday, July 25, 2018||approved|
|Protocol Buffers 3.5.1||2779||Monday, March 19, 2018||approved|
|Protocol Buffers 3.2.0||10811||Monday, April 3, 2017||approved|
|Protocol Buffers 3.1.0||1081||Thursday, November 3, 2016||approved|
|Protocol Compiler 2.6.1||420||Friday, April 17, 2015||approved|
Discussion for the Protocol Buffers Package
- This discussion is only about Protocol Buffers and the Protocol Buffers package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Protocol Buffers, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.