Downloads of v 0.5.4
Red is a new programming language strongly inspired by Rebol, but with a broader field of usage thanks to its native-code compiler, from system programming to high-level scripting, while providing modern support for concurrency and multi-core CPUs.
Red has its own complete cross-platform toolchain, featuring two compilers, an interpreter and a linker, not depending on any third-party library, except for a Rebol2 interpreter, required during the bootstrap phase. Once complete, Red will be self-hosted.
The Red software stack also contains another language, Red/System, which is a low-level dialect of Red. It is a limited C-level language with a Red look'n feel, required to build Red's runtime library and be the target language of Red's compiler. More information at red-lang.org.
To install Red, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install red
To upgrade Red, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade red
$packageName = 'red' $url = 'http://static.red-lang.org/dl/win/red-054.exe' $scriptPath = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $redPath = Join-Path $scriptPath 'red.exe' Get-ChocolateyWebFile $packageName "$redPath" $url
Virus Scan Results
- red.0.5.4.nupkg (d5d8bc157c9c) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- red-054.exe (5dd60de8ad28) - ## / 53 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
New datatypes, exceptions and set operations.
See the blog posting for more details.
|Red 0.6.3.20171222||224||Saturday, December 23, 2017||approved|
|Red 0.6.3||322||Wednesday, July 19, 2017||approved|
|Red 0.6.2.20170501||181||Monday, May 1, 2017||approved|
|Red 0.6.2||197||Tuesday, March 28, 2017||approved|
|Red 0.6.1||294||Friday, July 1, 2016||approved|
|Red 0.6.0||187||Saturday, March 26, 2016||approved|
|Red 0.5.4||180||Wednesday, February 10, 2016||approved|
Discussion for the Red Package
- This discussion is only about Red and the Red package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Red, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.