Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 0.8.0:
07 Nov 2020
07 Nov 2020
Tags:screenruler ruler pixel screen measure
(Waiting for Maintainer to take corrective action)
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
1 Test Passing and 1 Failing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing FailedDetails
This version is in moderation and has not yet been approved. This means it doesn't show up under normal search.
- Until approved, you should consider this package version unsafe - it could do very bad things to your system (it probably doesn't but you have been warned, that's why we have moderation).
- This package version can change wildly over the course of moderation until it is approved. If you install it and it later has changes to this version, you will be out of sync with any changes that have been made to the package. Until approved, you should consider that this package version doesn't even exist.
- You cannot install this package under normal scenarios. See How to install package version under moderation for more information.
- There are also no guarantees that it will be approved.
There are versions of this package awaiting moderation (possibly just this one). See the Version History section below.
Screen Ruler is a lightweight and configurable ruler tool for Windows Desktop.
It allows you to measure the size of elements on the screen in different units, including pixels, centimeters and inches.
Measuring is possible either using a two-dimensional, rectangular ruler scale or a one-dimensional, horizontal or vertical scale.
The ruler can be moved and resized precisely using either the mouse or the keyboard and custom marking lines can be added.
Besides coming with a light and a dark theme, Screen Ruler also allows you to fully customize its appearance by changing all color settings.
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop'; $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $archive = Join-Path $toolsDir "screenruler.zip" Get-ChocolateyUnzip -FileFullPath $archive -Destination $toolsDir -PackageName $env:ChocolateyPackageName $targetDir = Join-Path $toolsDir "screenruler" $target = Join-Path $targetDir "screenruler.exe" Install-ChocolateyShortcut -shortcutFilePath "$HOME\Desktop\Screen Ruler.lnk" -targetPath $target -workingDirectory $targetDir Install-ChocolateyShortcut -shortcutFilePath "$([Environment]::GetFolderPath('CommonStartMenu'))\Programs\Bluegrams\Screen Ruler.lnk" -targetPath $target -workingDirectory $targetDir New-Item -Path "$target.gui" -ItemType File -Force | Out-Null
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop'; Remove-Item "$HOME\Desktop\Screen Ruler.lnk" Remove-Item "$([Environment]::GetFolderPath('CommonStartMenu'))\Programs\Bluegrams\Screen Ruler.lnk"
BSD 3-Clause License Copyright (c) 2017-2020, Bluegrams. All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. * Neither the name of the copyright holder nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
md5: BC965435DBF3DAA4F0D45F2E00468E9D | sha1: 20BBD6A79559A1CD038EE37342E41765723E56A4 | sha256: 21C76B4B4580BD2B67B0D7AFF471AF9086304CD48CA89389A585D35D5FCA287A | sha512: A405D525C0863ED571E368264970A1CD9C4AF2A4BAB213F0301DA45E1C361530642E95046FCDA366ED2A307DB4BC7CF224A68F6B5B779BE97FB7E675501E29B3
VERIFICATION An alternative download for this package can be found at: https://sourceforge.net/projects/screenruler/files/v.0.8.0/ MD5 Checksum: BC965435DBF3DAA4F0D45F2E00468E9D
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- screenruler.0.8.0.nupkg (9ae0cb648176) - ## / 59
- screenruler.zip (21c76b4b4580) - ## / 67
- screenruler.exe (6cb1c7dee5d7) - ## / 72
- screenruler.resources.dll (58a36ad69ecf) - ## / 70
- screenruler.resources.dll (cbbedceb6849) - ## / 60
- screenruler.resources.dll (51c4d20260da) - ## / 71
- screenruler.resources.dll (8639093d14b8) - ## / 70
- screenruler.resources.dll (80011cc67a69) - ## / 70
- screenruler.resources.dll (183af01c2d50) - ## / 68
- screenruler.resources.dll (d9716ff8079b) - ## / 69
- screenruler.resources.dll (6cc110f9392b) - ## / 71
- screenruler.resources.dll (a70d26a732ba) - ## / 69
- screenruler.resources.dll (c53fa725b643) - ## / 70
- screenruler.resources.dll (b4fbc0fb2a6f) - ## / 71
- screenruler.resources.dll (ba3c794636b0) - ## / 71
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Screen Ruler 0.8.0||5||Saturday, November 7, 2020||Waiting for Maintainer|
|Screen Ruler 0.7.0||184||Monday, August 31, 2020||Approved|
|Screen Ruler 0.6.0||245||Sunday, April 26, 2020||Approved|
|Screen Ruler 0.5.0||130||Tuesday, March 17, 2020||Approved|
|Screen Ruler 0.4.0.20200201||113||Saturday, February 1, 2020||Approved|
|Screen Ruler 0.4.0||116||Tuesday, January 7, 2020||Approved|
|Screen Ruler 0.3.0||132||Saturday, July 27, 2019||Approved|
|Screen Ruler 0.2.0||144||Sunday, January 13, 2019||Approved|
© 2017-2020 Bluegrams
- This discussion is only about Screen Ruler and the Screen Ruler package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Screen Ruler, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.