Downloads of v 2.1
What makes Syncless so unique is the way synchronization is performed. The current paradigm in the way file synchronization is done is to create a job by setting folder pairs and then start synchronizing. Syncless does away with this completely by introducing the concept of folder tagging. No VSS (Volume Shadow Support): cannot sync open files.
The concept of tagging has been applied by notable applications in various interesting ways. Facebook allows users to tag people into photos and almost all blog engines allows users to tag posts as a form of categorization. The main reason behind the increased use of tagging is because tagging is a very natural thought process that everyone does when trying to associate words or concepts with the unfamiliar.
By applying this simple and natural idea to file synchronization, users will be able to synchronize folders by simply tagging different folders with the same tag, resulting in a near seamless experience in synchronization. A group of folders with the same tag will always be kept in sync automatically in real-time by Syncless, without any need for user intervention.
To install Syncless, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install syncless
To upgrade Syncless, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade syncless
$packageName = 'syncless' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $url = 'https://big5sync.googlecode.com/files/Syncless 2.1.zip' $checksum = '4e7a5cc25baa3a3aacedc5564ef2ee98cc7951d4' $checksumType = 'sha1' Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Url64bit "" ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType"
Virus Scan Results
- syncless.2.1.nupkg (34a2b50b0e72) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- synclessInstall.zip (180e51d1c4f4) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
|Syncless 2.1||511||Monday, April 6, 2015||approved|
Discussion for the Syncless Package
- This discussion is only about Syncless and the Syncless package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Syncless, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.