Downloads of v 1.1-pre12
Tinc is a Virtual Private Network (VPN) daemon that uses tunneling and encryption to create
a secure private network between hosts on the Internet.
Because the tunnel appears to the IP level network code as a normal network device, there
is no need to adapt any existing software. The encrypted tunnels allows VPN sites to share
information with each other over the Internet without exposing any information to others.
To install tinc, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install tinc
--version 1.1-pre12 --pre
To upgrade tinc, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade tinc
--version 1.1-pre12 --pre
$packageName = 'tinc' $installerType = 'exe' $url = 'http://www.tinc-vpn.org/packages/windows/tinc-1.1pre12-install.exe' $url64 = 'http://www.tinc-vpn.org/packages/windows/tinc-1.1pre12-install.exe' $silentArgs = '/S' $validExitCodes = @(0) Install-ChocolateyPackage "$packageName" "$installerType" "$silentArgs" "$url" "$url64" -validExitCodes $validExitCodes
Virus Scan Results
- tinc.1.1-pre12.nupkg (e42d7d511830) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- tinc-1.1pre12-install.exe (26f6bda82845) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
All Rights Reserved
Version 1.1pre12 released.
Added a “—syslog” option to force logging to syslog even if running in the foreground.
Fixes and improvements to the DecrementTTL function.
Improved PMTU discovery and UDP keepalive probes.
More efficient relaying of UDP packets through intermediate nodes.
Improved compatibility with newer TAP-Win32 drivers.
Added support for UPnP.
Allow tinc to be compiled without LibreSSL or OpenSSL (this drops compatibility with nodes running 1.0.x).
Added a “fsck” command to check the configuration files for problems.
Tinc “start” now checks whether the daemon really started succesfully, and displays error messages otherwise.
Added systemd service files.
Use the recvmmsg() function if available.
Support ToS/Diffserv on IPv6 connections.
Updated support for BSD tun/tap devices.
Added support for OS X utun interfaces.
Dropped support for Windows 2000.
Initial support for generating a tinc-up script from an invitation.
Many small fixes, documentation updates.
Thanks to Etienne Dechamps, thorkill, Vittorio Gambaletta, Martin Weinelt, Sven-Haegar Koch, Florian Klink, LunnarShadow, Dato Simó, Jo-Philipp Wich, Jochen Voss, Nathan Stratton Treadway, Pierre Emeriaud, xentec, Samuel Thibault and Michael Tokarev for their contributions to this version of tinc.
|tinc 1.1-pre14||232||Wednesday, May 4, 2016||exempted|
|tinc 1.1-pre13||169||Sunday, May 1, 2016||exempted|
|tinc 1.1-pre12||180||Wednesday, April 27, 2016||exempted|
|tinc 1.1-pre11||210||Thursday, March 10, 2016||exempted|
|tinc 1.0.31||271||Monday, July 17, 2017||approved|
|tinc 1.0.26||296||Wednesday, March 9, 2016||approved|
Discussion for the tinc Package
- This discussion is only about tinc and the tinc package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or tinc, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.