Downloads of v 0.3.3.9
Tor is a connection-oriented anonymizing communication service. Users choose a source-routed path through a set of nodes, and negotiate a "virtual circuit" through the network, in which each node knows its predecessor and successor, but no others. Traffic flowing down the circuit is unwrapped by a symmetric key at each node, which reveals the downstream node.
Basically, Tor provides a distributed network of servers or relays ("onion routers"). Users bounce their TCP streams -- web traffic, ftp, ssh, etc. -- around the network, and recipients, observers, and even the relays themselves have difficulty tracking the source of the stream.
The way most people use Tor is with Tor Browser, which is a feature-stripped version of Firefox.
This package provides a command-line interface for creating Tor clients and configuring relay services.
To install Tor, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install tor
To upgrade Tor, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade tor
$packageName = 'tor' $url = 'https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbrowser/8.0/tor-win32-0.3.3.9.zip' $checksum = 'e578e4fb3b7323459137d0b95f6cffdfd3c6afb24b34c4a2816ec105b345b4ca' $checksumType = 'sha256' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType"
Virus Scan Results
- tor.0.3.3.9.nupkg (0350d5c84992) - ## / 61 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- tor-win32-0.3.3.9.zip (e578e4fb3b73) - ## / 59 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
© The Tor Project, Inc.
- Automatically built and uploaded by dtgm
|Tor 0.3.3.9||304||Thursday, September 6, 2018||approved|
|Tor 0.3.3.7||223||Thursday, August 2, 2018||approved|
|Tor 0.3.2.10||821||Thursday, March 22, 2018||approved|
|Tor 0.3.2.9||277||Sunday, February 18, 2018||approved|
|Tor 0.3.1.9||343||Tuesday, December 19, 2017||approved|
|Tor 0.3.1.7||548||Tuesday, October 17, 2017||approved|
|Tor 0.3.0.9||532||Thursday, July 27, 2017||approved|
|Tor 0.2.9.10||654||Wednesday, March 8, 2017||approved|
|Tor 0.2.9.9||313||Wednesday, January 25, 2017||approved|
|Tor 0.2.8.9||414||Tuesday, November 15, 2016||approved|
|Tor 0.2.8.7||286||Thursday, October 20, 2016||approved|
|Tor 0.2.8.6||315||Tuesday, August 16, 2016||approved|
|Tor 0.2.7.6||244||Friday, May 27, 2016||approved|
Discussion for the Tor Package
- This discussion is only about Tor and the Tor package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Tor, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.