Downloads of v 2.48.4
Unison is a file-synchronization tool for OSX, Unix, and Windows. It allows two replicas of a collection of files and directories to be stored on different hosts (or different disks on the same host), modified separately, and then brought up to date by propagating the changes in each replica to the other.
Unison shares a number of features with tools such as configuration management packages (CVS, PRCS, Subversion, BitKeeper, etc.), distributed filesystems (Coda, etc.), uni-directional mirroring utilities (rsync, etc.), and other synchronizers (Intellisync, Reconcile, etc). However, there are several points where it differs:
- Unison runs on both Windows and many flavors of Unix (Solaris, Linux, OS X, etc.) systems. Moreover, Unison works across platforms, allowing you to synchronize a Windows laptop with a Unix server, for example.
- Unlike simple mirroring or backup utilities, Unison can deal with updates to both replicas of a distributed directory structure. Updates that do not conflict are propagated automatically. Conflicting updates are detected and displayed.
- Unlike a distributed filesystem, Unison is a user-level program: there is no need to modify the kernel or to have superuser privileges on either host.
- Unison works between any pair of machines connected to the internet, communicating over either a direct socket link or tunneling over an encrypted ssh connection. It is careful with network bandwidth, and runs well over slow links such as PPP connections. Transfers of small updates to large files are optimized using a compression protocol similar to rsync.
- Unison is resilient to failure. It is careful to leave the replicas and its own private structures in a sensible state at all times, even in case of abnormal termination or communication failures.
- Unison has a clear and precise specification.
- Unison is free; full source code is available under the GNU Public License.
To install Unison, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install unison
To upgrade Unison, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade unison
$packageName = 'unison' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $url = 'http://www.pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr/~vouillon/unison/unison 2.48.4.zip' $checksum = '8b037bddb50c9b0337782da399c5419b9c06b7aa955ecfb9edfcabfc902bdfb2' $checksumType = 'sha256' Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType"
Virus Scan Results
- unison.2.48.4.nupkg (61762a36a3b6) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- unison 2.48.4 GTK.exe (18158c04016d) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- unison 2.48.4 text.exe (9de28467b80f) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- unison-fsmonitor.exe (6854ec966947) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- unison 2.48.4.zip (8b037bddb50c) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
© 1998 Benjamin C. Pierce, 2014 Alan Schmitt
|Unison 2.48.4||2052||Friday, July 29, 2016||approved|
|Unison 2.48.3||648||Monday, April 6, 2015||approved|
Discussion for the Unison Package
- This discussion is only about Unison and the Unison package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Unison, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.