Downloads of v 1.0.1
Python development workload for Visual Studio 2017
This package adds the Python development workload to an existing installation of Visual Studio 2017 (Enterprise, Professional or Community).
The package passes all package parameters to the Visual Studio installer, enabling full customization of the installation. The possible parameters are described here. The package passes
--norestart --includeRecommended by default, and
--passive is specified in the package parameters.
By default, the package installs components required by and recommended for the workload. Package parameters can be used to adjust this behavior:
--no-includeRecommended- Does not include the recommended components.
--includeOptional- Includes the optional components.
By default, the package will detect installed Visual Studio products and add the workload to all products that support it and do not have it installed already.
In order to act on one specific product when several are installed, the product needs to be indicated to the package via parameters, either:
--installPath- the path where the product is installed, for example "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise"
or (both are needed):
--productId- the identifier of the product, for example "Microsoft.VisualStudio.Product.Enterprise"
--channelId- the release channel, should be "VisualStudio.15.Release"
Example 1. Installing the workload on all products, including recommended, but not optional components:
choco install visualstudio2017-workload-python
Example 2. Installing the workload on one specific product, including all recommended and optional components:
choco install visualstudio2017-workload-python --package-parameters "--productId Microsoft.VisualStudio.Product.Enterprise --channelId VisualStudio.15.Release --includeOptional"
Example 3. Installing the workload on all products, including only required components:
choco install visualstudio2017-workload-python --package-parameters "--no-includeRecommended"
To install Python development workload for Visual Studio 2017, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install visualstudio2017-workload-python
To upgrade Python development workload for Visual Studio 2017, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade visualstudio2017-workload-python
Add-VisualStudioWorkload ` -PackageName 'visualstudio2017-workload-python' ` -Workload 'Python' ` -VisualStudioYear '2017' ` -ApplicableProducts @('Community', 'Professional', 'Enterprise') ` -IncludeRecommendedComponentsByDefault
Remove-VisualStudioWorkload ` -PackageName 'visualstudio2017-workload-python' ` -Workload 'Python' ` -VisualStudioYear '2017' ` -ApplicableProducts @('Community', 'Professional', 'Enterprise')
Virus Scan Results
- visualstudio2017-workload-python.1.0.1.nupkg (2ed632df2033) - ## / 59 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- Updated metadata and dependencies.
|Python development workload for Visual Studio 2017 1.0.1||804||Sunday, March 31, 2019||approved|
|Python development workload for Visual Studio 2017 1.0.0||226||Saturday, November 17, 2018||approved|
Discussion for the Python development workload for Visual Studio 2017 Package
- This discussion is only about Python development workload for Visual Studio 2017 and the Python development workload for Visual Studio 2017 package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Python development workload for Visual Studio 2017, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.