Downloads of v 15.2.26430.20170605
Visual Studio 2017 Build Tools
These Build Tools allow you to build native and managed MSBuild-based applications without requiring the Visual Studio IDE. There are options to install the Visual C++ compilers and libraries, MFC, ATL, and C++/CLI support.
By default, the package installs only the bare minimum required (the MSBuild Tools workload). The easiest way to add more workloads is to use the workload packages:
- Visual C++ build tools
- Web development build tools.
All package parameters are passed to the Visual Studio installer, enabling full customization of the installation. The possible parameters are described here. The package passes
--norestart --wait by default, and
--passive is specified in the package parameters.
After installing the package, more features can also be added by launching the Visual Studio Installer application from the Start Menu.
The language of the installed software can be controlled using the package parameter
The list of languages is presented here. By default, the operating system display language is used.
This command will install Visual Studio Build Tools with all available workloads and optional components, display progress during the installation and specify the English language regardless of operating system settings:
choco install visualstudio2017buildtools --package-parameters "--allWorkloads --includeRecommended --includeOptional --passive --locale en-US"
A reboot may be required after (or even before) installing/uninstalling this package.
If control over reboots is required, it is advisable to install the dependencies (esp. dotnet4.6.1 or later) first, perform a reboot if necessary, and then install this package.
Install-VisualStudio ` -PackageName 'visualstudio2017buildtools' ` -ApplicationName 'Microsoft Visual Studio Build Tools 2017' ` -Url 'https://download.microsoft.com/download/C/3/7/C37763CB-E533-4290-BE34-1DF89C218CFE/vs_BuildTools.exe' ` -Checksum 'DF4EC6B5A7041873AA6F814E5B7CE51E9C5D39A2C2FC8802B46F2CC64A9116CD' ` -ChecksumType 'SHA256' ` -InstallerTechnology 'WillowVS2017OrLater' ` -Product 'BuildTools' ` -VisualStudioYear '2017'
Remove-VisualStudioProduct ` -PackageName 'visualstudio2017buildtools' ` -Product 'BuildTools' ` -VisualStudioYear '2017'
Virus Scan Results
- vs_BuildTools.exe (df4ec6b5a704) - ## / 61 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- visualstudio2017buildtools.15.2.26430.20170605.nupkg (66d63a460317) - ## / 59 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- Package metadata updated for Visual Studio 2017 version 15.2.26430.12 (the native installer always installs the latest released Visual Studio 2017 build).
- To avoid problems with upgrade, installation is skipped if the product is already installed.
|Visual Studio 2017 Build Tools 220.127.116.11||41048||Tuesday, November 27, 2018||approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Build Tools 18.104.22.168||58883||Saturday, November 17, 2018||approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Build Tools 22.214.171.124||51069||Wednesday, November 7, 2018||approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Build Tools 126.96.36.199||65581||Wednesday, October 17, 2018||approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Build Tools 188.8.131.52||13278||Tuesday, October 2, 2018||approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Build Tools 184.108.40.206||8334||Monday, September 3, 2018||approved|
|Visual Studio 2017 Build Tools 220.127.116.11||4656||Thursday, August 16, 2018||approved|
Discussion for the Visual Studio 2017 Build Tools Package
- This discussion is only about Visual Studio 2017 Build Tools and the Visual Studio 2017 Build Tools package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Visual Studio 2017 Build Tools, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.