Downloads of v 18.104.22.16800-preview1
Visual Studio Enterprise 2017 offers a new installation experience. The minimum installation is under 500MB, it installs and updates within minutes, and it uninstalls cleanly. You get basic code editing support for more than 20 languages along with debugging and source code control capabilities. You can also optionally add support for 17 different development workloads and related features.
Visual Studio Preview gives you early access to the latest features and improvements not yet available in the main release. By trying Preview, you can take advantage of new builds and updates that ship on a frequent cadence. For more information on Visual Studio Preview installs, visit the FAQ page. Visual Studio and Visual Studio Preview can be installed side-by-side on the same device.
This release is not "go-live" and not intended for use on production computers or for creating production code.
Please note that the preview version is continuously evolving and certain features may not work as expected. This version is also not licensed to build shipping applications.
Customizations and Optional features
By default, the package installs only the bare minimum required (the Core Editor workload). The easiest way to add more development features is to use the workload packages listed in the Release Notes section.
All package parameters are passed to the Visual Studio installer, enabling full customization of the installation. The possible parameters are described here. The package passes
--norestart --wait by default, and
--passive is specified in the package parameters.
After installing the package, more features can also be added by launching the Visual Studio Installer application from the Start Menu.
The language of the installed software can be controlled using the package parameter
The list of languages is presented here. By default, the operating system display language is used.
This command will install Visual Studio with all available workloads and optional components, display progress during the installation and specify the English language regardless of operating system settings:
choco install visualstudio2017enterprise --package-parameters "--allWorkloads --includeRecommended --includeOptional --passive --locale en-US"
A reboot may be required after (or even before) installing/uninstalling this package.
If control over reboots is required, it is advisable to install the dependencies (esp. dotnet4.6.2 or later) first, perform a reboot if necessary, and then install this package.
Install-VisualStudio ` -PackageName 'visualstudio2017enterprise-preview' ` -ApplicationName 'Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2017 Preview' ` -Url 'https://download.visualstudio.microsoft.com/download/pr/7e5146c7-c9c2-4276-80ef-25f1c95684b9/ef4f6f00fbeb7d21b56c5bdee69fcf10/vs_enterprise.exe' <# https://aka.ms/vs/15/pre/vs_enterprise.exe #> ` -Checksum 'FC5D6428FCF487DACE7A003C094774D42793E7DF7DC8138FFE946694A77FAD36' ` -ChecksumType 'SHA256' ` -InstallerTechnology 'WillowVS2017OrLater' ` -Product 'Enterprise' ` -VisualStudioYear '2017' ` -Preview $true
Remove-VisualStudioProduct ` -PackageName 'visualstudio2017enterprise-preview' ` -Product 'Enterprise' ` -VisualStudioYear '2017' ` -Preview $true
Virus Scan Results
- visualstudio2017enterprise-preview.22.214.171.12400-preview1.nupkg (f80447a6a476) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- Package metadata updated for Visual Studio 2017 version 15.9.7 Preview 1.0 (the native installer always installs the latest released Visual Studio 2017 build).
- Updated bootstrapper url.
Available workload packages
- Azure development
- Data storage and processing
- Data science and analytical applications
- .NET desktop development
- Game development with Unity
- Linux development with C++
- Desktop development with C++
- Game development with C++
- Mobile development with C++
- .NET Core cross-platform development
- Mobile development with .NET
- ASP.NET and web development
- Node.js development
- Office/SharePoint development
- Python development
- Universal Windows Platform development
- Visual Studio extension development
Discussion for the Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise Preview Package
- This discussion is only about Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise Preview and the Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise Preview package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise Preview, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.