Downloads of v 2019.5.0
Visual Studio Code PowerShell Extension
This extension provides rich PowerShell language support for Visual Studio Code.
Now you can write and debug PowerShell scripts using the excellent IDE-like interface that Visual Studio Code provides.
- Syntax highlighting
- Code snippets
- IntelliSense for cmdlets and more
- Rule-based analysis provided by PowerShell Script Analyzer
- Go to Definition of cmdlets and variables
- Find References of cmdlets and variables
- Document and workspace symbol discovery
- Run selected selection of PowerShell code using
- Launch online help for the symbol under the cursor using
- Local script debugging and basic interactive console support!
- This package requires Visual Studio Code 1.2.0 or newer.
You can install either the vscode or vscode-insiders package.
- The extension will be installed in any edition of Visual Studio Code which can be found.
- While this package installs a specific version of the extension, Visual Studio Code by default will update the extension to the latest version on startup
if there's a newer version available on the marketplace.
See Extension auto-update for instructions how to disable auto-update.
To install Visual Studio Code PowerShell Extension, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install vscode-powershell
To upgrade Visual Studio Code PowerShell Extension, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade vscode-powershell
PowerShell for Visual Studio Code Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved. MIT License Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the ""Software""), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED *AS IS*, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
VERIFICATION Verification is intended to assist the Chocolatey moderators and community in verifying that this package's contents are trustworthy. The extension has been downloaded from GitHub and can be verified like this: 1. Download the following extension: <https://github.com/PowerShell/vscode-powershell/releases/download/v2019.5.0/PowerShell-2019.5.0.vsix> 2. You can use one of the following methods to obtain the checksum - Use powershell function 'Get-Filehash' - Use chocolatey utility 'checksum.exe' checksum type: sha256 checksum: E25E8EDA84F103A7D1940250BD5817CD275F972AFC6DF32AA1169EEAD149A4FD File 'LICENSE.txt' is obtained from <https://github.com/PowerShell/vscode-powershell/blob/adca2cdd4aad34cd31ec550b4e5910686d500082/LICENSE.txt>
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $extensionName = "PowerShell-" $extensionVersion = "2019.5.0" $extensionId = "$toolsDir\$extensionName$extensionVersion.vsix" Update-SessionEnvironment Install-VsCodeExtension -extensionId $extensionId
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop' Update-SessionEnvironment Uninstall-VsCodeExtension -extensionId "ms-vscode.PowerShell"
md5: 671C9370B19CE8AE23995CEF07F6BC2F | sha1: C8CDD1877E739FF55367DAD260D9D27D2FB8E89B | sha256: E25E8EDA84F103A7D1940250BD5817CD275F972AFC6DF32AA1169EEAD149A4FD | sha512: 4F3A843A8EAE04835E9DF7655345F0E97D16AF567C9D72E85B53F8CC50EA517CFAD7B4C3C4EAA1A0F50F57373CA5749D55AF94290CC87C5059C03056868C6A56
Virus Scan Results
- vscode-powershell.2019.5.0.nupkg (3a074c0dc512) - ## / 58 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- chocolatey-vscode.extension (≥ 1.1.0)
|Visual Studio Code PowerShell Extension 2019.5.0||1739||Sunday, August 18, 2019||approved|
|Visual Studio Code PowerShell Extension 18.104.22.16881011||11194||Friday, October 12, 2018||approved|
|Visual Studio Code PowerShell Extension 22.214.171.12480620||2419||Wednesday, June 20, 2018||approved|
|Visual Studio Code PowerShell Extension 126.96.36.19961116||35783||Wednesday, November 16, 2016||approved|
|Visual Studio Code PowerShell Extension 1.0.0||634||Friday, June 10, 2016||approved|
Discussion for the Visual Studio Code PowerShell Extension Package
- This discussion is only about Visual Studio Code PowerShell Extension and the Visual Studio Code PowerShell Extension package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Visual Studio Code PowerShell Extension, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.