Downloads of v 4.80.0
WavPack is a completely open audio compression format providing lossless, high-quality lossy, and a unique hybrid compression mode. Although the technology is loosely based on previous versions of WavPack, the new version 4 format has been designed from the ground up to offer unparalleled performance and functionality.
In the default lossless mode WavPack acts just like a WinZip compressor for audio files. However, unlike MP3 or WMA encoding which can affect the sound quality, not a single bit of the original information is lost, so there's no chance of degradation. This makes lossless mode ideal for archiving audio material or any other situation where quality is paramount. The compression ratio depends on the source material, but generally is between 30% and 70%.
The hybrid mode provides all the advantages of lossless compression with an additional bonus. Instead of creating a single file, this mode creates both a relatively small, high-quality lossy file that can be used all by itself, and a "correction" file that (when combined with the lossy file) provides full lossless restoration. For some users this means never having to choose between lossless and lossy compression!
WavPack employs only well known, public domain techniques (i.e., linear prediction with LMS adaptation, Elias and Golomb codes) in its implementation. Methods and algorithms that have ever been patented (e.g., arithmetic coding, LZW compression) are specifically avoided. This ensures that WavPack encoders and decoders will remain open and royalty-free.
To install WavPack, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install wavpack
To upgrade WavPack, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade wavpack
$packageName = 'wavpack' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $url = 'http://www.wavpack.com/wavpack-4.80.0.zip' $checksum = '6b013e4678ee1ebdf8ca8fdf0947e0d18b440022' $checksumType = 'sha1' Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType"
Virus Scan Results
- wavpack.4.80.0.nupkg (0cce8ee74f5f) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- wavpack-4.80.0.zip (667d5e598ade) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
|WavPack 4.80.0||436||Friday, April 8, 2016||approved|
|WavPack 4.75.2||216||Saturday, October 10, 2015||approved|
|WavPack 4.75.0||253||Wednesday, May 27, 2015||approved|
|WavPack 4.70.0||229||Sunday, March 29, 2015||approved|
Discussion for the WavPack Package
- This discussion is only about WavPack and the WavPack package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or WavPack, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.