Downloads of v 5.0
The Microsoft Web Platform Installer (Web PI) is a free tool that makes getting the latest components of the Microsoft Web Platform, including Internet Information Services (IIS), SQL Server Express, .NET Framework and Visual Web Developer easy.
The Web PI also makes it easy to install and run the most popular free web applications for blogging, content management and more with the built-in Windows Web Application Gallery.
To install WebPI (Platform Installer), run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install webpi
To upgrade WebPI (Platform Installer), run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade webpi
- This package was created prior to July 2014 - when package content started being included on the site. You can download and unzip the package or use Nuget Package Explorer to see the contents.
Virus Scan Results
- wpilauncher.exe (5ca3400c444c) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- webpi.5.0.nupkg (d38f991fce29) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
|WebPI (Platform Installer) 5.0||244652||Tuesday, July 22, 2014|
|Microsoft Web Platform Installer 4.6||2756||Saturday, August 10, 2013|
Discussion for the WebPI (Platform Installer) Package
- This discussion is only about WebPI (Platform Installer) and the WebPI (Platform Installer) package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- Tell us what you love about the package or WebPI (Platform Installer), or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.