Downloads of v 1.35
This utility displays the list of all applications that are loaded automatically when Windows starts up.
For each application, the following information is displayed: Startup Type (Registry/Startup Folder), Command-Line String, Product Name, File Version, Company Name, Location in the Registry or file system, and more.
It allows you to easily disable or delete unwanted programs that run in your Windows startup. You can use it on your currently running instance of Windows, as well as you can use it on external instance of Windows in another drive.
WhatInStartup also supports a special "Permanent Disabling" feature - If a program that you previously disabled added itself again to the startup list of Windows, WhatInStartup will automatically detect the change and disable it again.
To install WhatInStartup, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install whatinstartup
To upgrade WhatInStartup, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade whatinstartup
$packageName = 'whatinstartup' $url = 'http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/whatinstartup.zip' $checksum = '3e78d40b79c9482ade9c89f1f208991818c0bfa6' $checksumType = 'sha1' $url64 = 'http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/whatinstartup-x64.zip' $checksum64 = '76d9d0aa3cc3de16dbc6e8f7abcdae537cd6d8a3' $checksumType64 = 'sha1' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $installFile = Join-Path $toolsDir "$($packageName).exe" Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Url64bit "$url64" ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType" ` -Checksum64 "$checksum64" ` -ChecksumType64 "$checksumType64" Set-Content -Path ("$installFile.gui") ` -Value $null
Virus Scan Results
- whatinstartup.1.35.nupkg (4fdd7e2ec075) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- whatinstartup-x64.zip (9a50776456f7) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- whatinstartup.zip (71241fb3d346) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
© 2009 NirSoft
|WhatInStartup 1.35||667||Thursday, April 2, 2015||approved|
Discussion for the WhatInStartup Package
- This discussion is only about WhatInStartup and the WhatInStartup package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or WhatInStartup, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.