Downloads of v 1.27
Sometimes, Windows or a running application hangs, the user interface abruptly stops responding, and you cannot determine what has caused the problem or how to troubleshoot the issue. This utility tries to detect the software or process that is currently hung, and displays some information that may allow you to sort out and understand what exactly is at the root of such unexpected behavior.
Most of the information displayed in WhatIsHang's report, like Call Stack, Stack Data, Processor Registers, and Memory Data is designed for users with Windows programming knowledge. However, WhatIsHang also presents a list of strings and dll files related to the hang issue that can help users without programming skills understand and overcome the causes of the problem and restore normal operation.
To install WhatIsHang, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install whatishang
To upgrade WhatIsHang, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade whatishang
$packageName = 'whatishang' $url = 'http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/whatishang.zip' $checksum = '75b2ad885ec4537b32b39b40f7f186c847746ec2' $checksumType = 'sha1' $url64 = 'http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/whatishang-x64.zip' $checksum64 = '2b347b92534fa21502ad5a2a77bbbdf1d5afcf1d' $checksumType64 = 'sha1' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $installFile = Join-Path $toolsDir "$($packageName).exe" Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Url64bit "$url64" ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType" ` -Checksum64 "$checksum64" ` -ChecksumType64 "$checksumType64" Set-Content -Path ("$installFile.gui") ` -Value $null
Virus Scan Results
- whatishang.1.27.nupkg (b3204857820c) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- whatishang-x64.zip (89465ed9b562) - ## / 54 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- whatishang.zip (69e72f8329e8) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
© 2011 NirSoft
|WhatIsHang 1.27||526||Thursday, April 2, 2015||approved|
Discussion for the WhatIsHang Package
- This discussion is only about WhatIsHang and the WhatIsHang package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or WhatIsHang, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.