Downloads of v 0.9.8.18
Chocolatey - think executables/application packages (like apt-get for Windows), not library packages. This is what the Chocolatey NuGet goodness is for.
Chocolatey allows you to install application nuggets and run executables from anywhere.
======= Executable Nuggets =======
For example, say you have an executable in the tools folder of your package named bob.exe. Then you can type
'chocolatey install yourPackageName [-source source] [-version version]' OR 'cinst yourPackageName [-source source] [-version version]'
and when it finishes you can type
and it will run your application executable.
======= Application Nuggets =======
Full on double rainbow. For example, say you type
'chocolatey install 7zip [-source source] [-version version]' OR 'cinst 7zip [-source source] [-version version]'
- when it finishes you will have installed 7zip on your machine (in your add/remove programs).
======= More? =======
Check out the WIKI in the project URL for all the details of what you can do with chocolatey!
To install Chocolatey, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> cinst chocolatey
See all - https://github.com/chocolatey/chocolatey/wiki/ReleaseNotes
* Fix - 0.9.8.17 installer doesn't create chocolatey folder if it doesn't exist - https://github.com/chocolatey/chocolatey/issues/112
* Enhancement - Support for naive uninstall - https://github.com/chocolatey/chocolatey/issues/96
* Enhancement - Sources specified through config (or nuget.config) - https://github.com/chocolatey/chocolatey/pull/101
* Enhancement - Chocolatey should support multiple sources - https://github.com/chocolatey/chocolatey/issues/82
* Enhancement - Use Cygwin as a package source - https://github.com/chocolatey/chocolatey/pull/93
* Enhancement - Use Python as a package source (uses easy_install) - https://github.com/chocolatey/chocolatey/issues/100
* Enhancement - Use Default Credentials before Get-Credentials when using proxy on web call - https://github.com/chocolatey/chocolatey/pull/83
* Enhancement - Reduce the verbosity of running chocolatey - https://github.com/chocolatey/chocolatey/issues/84
* Enhancement - Support opening links to "GUI" type applications in a different way than the console apps - https://github.com/chocolatey/chocolatey/issues/76
* Enhancement - Do not create batch redirects for certain executables in package folder - https://github.com/chocolatey/chocolatey/issues/106
* Enhancement - Add a -debug switch - https://github.com/chocolatey/chocolatey/issues/85
* Enhancement - Improve pipelining of cver by returning an object - https://github.com/chocolatey/chocolatey/pull/94
* Fix - Packages.config source now uses chocolatey/nuget sources by default instead of empty - https://github.com/chocolatey/chocolatey/issues/79
* Fix - Executable batch links not created for "prerelease" versions - https://github.com/chocolatey/chocolatey/issues/88
* Fix - Issue where latest version is not returned - https://github.com/chocolatey/chocolatey/pull/92
* Fix - Prerelease versions now broken out as separate versions - https://github.com/chocolatey/chocolatey/issues/90
* Fix - During install PowerShell session gets bad $env:ChocolateyInstall variable - https://github.com/chocolatey/chocolatey/issues/80
* Fix - Build path with spaces now works - https://github.com/chocolatey/chocolatey/pull/102
This package has no dependencies.
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.23||30358||Monday, November 11, 2013|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.22||682||Monday, November 11, 2013|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.22-alpha1||12||Saturday, November 09, 2013|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.21||2139||Friday, November 08, 2013|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.21-beta2||9||Friday, November 08, 2013|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.21-alpha7||298||Friday, August 23, 2013|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.21-alpha6||17||Thursday, August 22, 2013|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.21-alpha5||15||Wednesday, August 21, 2013|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.21-alpha4||18||Wednesday, August 21, 2013|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.21-alpha3||116||Tuesday, July 23, 2013|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.21-alpha2||90||Thursday, June 27, 2013|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.21-alpha1||130||Thursday, May 30, 2013|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.20||329838||Tuesday, December 11, 2012|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.20-beta1||74||Wednesday, December 05, 2012|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.20-alpha3||112||Friday, November 16, 2012|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.20-alpha2||101||Tuesday, October 16, 2012|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.20-alpha1||71||Sunday, September 16, 2012|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.19||29175||Monday, July 02, 2012|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.19-alpha1||53||Thursday, June 28, 2012|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.18||1367||Saturday, June 16, 2012|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.17||231||Friday, June 15, 2012|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.17-rc2||45||Wednesday, June 13, 2012|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.17-rc1||39||Wednesday, June 13, 2012|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.17-beta1||45||Thursday, June 07, 2012|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.16||6263||Monday, February 27, 2012|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.15||38||Monday, February 27, 2012|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.15-beta2||37||Saturday, February 25, 2012|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.14||943||Monday, February 06, 2012|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.13||1025||Sunday, January 08, 2012|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.12||1205||Sunday, November 20, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.11||1001||Friday, October 14, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.10||927||Saturday, September 17, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.9||179||Saturday, September 10, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.8||45||Saturday, September 10, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.7||103||Friday, September 02, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.6||626||Tuesday, August 23, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.5||70||Tuesday, August 23, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.4||254||Tuesday, August 23, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.3||81||Tuesday, August 23, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.2||278||Tuesday, August 23, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8.1||81||Tuesday, August 23, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.9.8||179||Tuesday, August 23, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.9.7.3||97||Tuesday, August 23, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.9.7.2||76||Tuesday, August 23, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.9.7.1||84||Tuesday, August 23, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.9.7||77||Tuesday, August 23, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.9.6.4||101||Tuesday, August 23, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.9.6.3||75||Tuesday, August 23, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.9.6.2||76||Tuesday, August 23, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.9.6.1||72||Tuesday, August 23, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.9.6.0||69||Tuesday, August 23, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.9.5.0||87||Tuesday, August 23, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.9.4.0||132||Tuesday, August 23, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.9.3.0||107||Tuesday, August 23, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.9.2.0||111||Tuesday, August 23, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.9.1.0||82||Tuesday, August 23, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.9.0.0||85||Tuesday, August 23, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.8.0.0||90||Tuesday, August 23, 2011|
|Chocolatey 0.7.0.0||87||Tuesday, August 23, 2011|
Discussion for the Chocolatey Package
- This discussion is only about Chocolatey and the Chocolatey package. If you have feedback for chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- This is not a substitute for contacting package maintainers. Please use the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Chocolatey, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or got yas that you've found.