Downloads of v 0.4.0.4
Developer: Eóin O'Callaghan
Halite (named after the mineral) is a BitTorrent client based on Arvid Norberg's excellent libtorrent library from Rasterbar Software. The program also relies on the Boost libraries.
While still at an early state of development Halite is a functional BitTorrent client. So far its list of features is pretty standard but that is because I want to ensure it does the basic stuff well.
That said, it supports:
File selection and/or file priority specifications.
'Managed torrent' queue system.
Disk cache support.
Trackerless torrents (using the Mainline kademlia DHT protocol).
uTorrent style multi-tracker announcement.
IP filtering with eMule style ipfilter.dat import.
Protocol Encryption support.
Translations of the UI into a number of languages through the help of volunteers. (if you wish to help with a translation then please do)
Minimise to tray with transfer rate summary.
Full Unicode support through UTF-8 and native Windows wide-char strings.
Login support where tracker requires it.
Ability to edit trackers specified in the torrent.
Transfer rate and connection limits both global and per-torrent.
Torrent file creation.
Port randomisation and forwarding (UnPlug and Play or NAT-PMP)
Compatible with UAC.
Code Repository: https://github.com/Eoinocal/Halite
Requirements: Vista and higher
To install Halite, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install halite
To upgrade Halite, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade halite
$packageName = 'halite' $installerType = 'msi' $url = 'https://github.com/Eoinocal/Halite/releases/download/Release-0.4.0.4/Halite-0.4.0.4-x86.msi' $url64 = 'https://github.com/Eoinocal/Halite/releases/download/Release-0.4.0.4/Halite-0.4.0.4-x64.msi' $silentArgs = '/quiet /norestart' $validExitCodes = @(0,3010) Install-ChocolateyPackage $packageName $installerType $silentArgs $url $url64 -validExitCodes $validExitCodes
Virus Scan Results
- Halite-0.4.0.4-x64.msi (81fa28bf7108) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- Halite-0.4.0.4-x86.msi (fffe7108b94f) - ## / 54 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- Halite.0.4.0.4.nupkg (ab0163c210e1) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
All Rights Reserved
|Halite 0.4.0.4||625||Wednesday, March 23, 2016||approved|
Discussion for the Halite Package
- This discussion is only about Halite and the Halite package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Halite, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.