Downloads of v 5.48
Less is a CLI pager, a program that displays text files. Other pagers commonly in use are
pg. Less is similar to
more, but allows backward movement in the file as well as forward movement. Also, less does not have to read the entire input file before starting, so with large input files it starts up faster than text editors like vi.
- If you are using PSCX, you must override its internally distributed less version using the following in your
($Pscx:Preferences).PageHelpUsingLess = $false
To install Less, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install less
To upgrade Less, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade less
md5: FBDB01A42F68A82AB14CD3BF9DB6AD9D | sha1: 8F186E750466CD2A3EB145D6F5C67AD2607C5263 | sha256: 3DFA724026D4C7E4D49133DF903709F4A8EED191800941C73C48A9586D56DE36 | sha512: 2BD1D16B3E36C3E08FD69916800C9241F40FCCCF1DBACBF110E7EF377BE467D9BB1ED8263B78B0AE6005B912E3597D9220EE302307156C5443312C391AC5A1E1
md5: D8ABD41FFB37E8AA2433726D9E36B004 | sha1: E8D8FAC339830034C03DC738771E38D659AA1C0D | sha256: E1965FFFE5EE9EF91F6ACA6D3F60392A7AA8E2B5188B566D794F90FD70AA7DB8 | sha512: 1CB400C0CD2949F225B7E094CC4BFAA9C39724D9B18F8C0CB67468E698B63EF30B063F2B5B7A525D65961D8C5CAB0853C3E379AEF1887B8CD31858D7D6C5A50D
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: RIPEMD160 MD5(less.exe)= d8abd41ffb37e8aa2433726d9e36b004 SHA1(less.exe)= e8d8fac339830034c03dc738771e38d659aa1c0d SHA256(less.exe)= e1965fffe5ee9ef91f6aca6d3f60392a7aa8e2b5188b566d794f90fd70aa7db8 MD5(lesskey.exe)= fbdb01a42f68a82ab14cd3bf9db6ad9d SHA1(lesskey.exe)= 8f186e750466cd2a3eb145d6f5c67ad2607c5263 SHA256(lesskey.exe)= 3dfa724026d4c7e4d49133df903709f4a8eed191800941c73c48a9586d56de36 -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Comment: SOFTWARE SIGNING KEY Comment: https://www.guysalias.tk/keys/codesign.asc iQGVBAEBAwB/BQJcY++7TBSAAAAAABsAKChmcHIpIGNvZGVzaWduQGd1eXNhbGlh cy50azQ3N0NBRERDMzdGNzU5NTAxMzc1REE3MjRCNkMzOURGNkU1NTAwMUIrmGh0 dHBzOi8vd3d3Lmd1eXNhbGlhcy50ay9rZXlzL2NvZGVzaWduLmFzYwAKCRBLbDnf blUAGxhYB/0dA9/SDfLDjMAP2QO9j8z4uTEHa1L6kYr/NnlINl5UWJMb1aZI6e/u 4q4xDhVn45pLXTWgYwRI7Jl1ChkBRatZeS7UYSrdUcAL/tMNecR5DY+Xa+PyTF59 CXugqKbqgNhbWthDyPBtjXWe5RK3NGj2PbYC6ATTFPmcHKtF2eAp+/62egrPEBN5 MwAf6rx4WxSsGeoF/NkFjdaEMMaLOesofnVVMpdFWTVsHcoPQL4CSxYNFaR9ndFD kJ+ulzNTqN/Zh+BBwZcsU+yZO+/CEGwm8aLP0eCnr19S1pesN15ZTJRZuo/y0G+0 2z0y8nbS1ZDg551gj9Uk9SEP5w7f2K6H =0ZLW -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
VERIFICATION Verification is intended to assist the Chocolatey moderators and community in verifying that this package's contents are trustworthy. Package can be verified like this: 1. Go to x32: http://guysalias.tk/misc/less/less-548-win32-static-x86.7z to download the zip package. 2. You can use one of the following methods to obtain the checksum: - Use powershell function 'Get-FileHash' - Use Chocolatey utility 'checksum.exe' checksum32: 4B71434C5B01022FF9FDD98F410EBA643CD05BFAE51161177FA6F0E894659969
Virus Scan Results
- Less.5.48.nupkg (2e4fb1d094f5) - ## / 62 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- less.exe (e1965fffe5ee) - ## / 68 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- lesskey.exe (3dfa724026d4) - ## / 69 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
|Less 5.48||637||Thursday, February 14, 2019||approved|
|Less 5.29||1981||Sunday, January 28, 2018||approved|
|Less 5.27||227||Monday, January 22, 2018||approved|
|Less for Windows 4.87||1318||Friday, April 14, 2017||approved|
|Less for Windows 4.81.1||865||Thursday, June 30, 2016||approved|
|Less for Windows 4.81||428||Saturday, February 6, 2016||approved|
|Less for Windows 3.94||1192||Monday, November 11, 2013|
Discussion for the Less Package
- This discussion is only about Less and the Less package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Less, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.