Downloads of v 1.00
Meslo LG is a customized version of Apple’s Menlo-Regular font
(which is a customized Bitstream Vera Sans Mono).
In Snow Leopard, Menlo-Regular is now the preferred and default font for Apple’s
developer tools and also the Terminal (unless you changed the font settings for
these apps yourself before upgrading to SL – your changes will stay in place).
I really like Menlo but I do have my nitpicky gripes with it:
* The default vertical (line) spacing is just way to cramped for me, and also
* I am not particularily fond of the horizontal baseline alignment of the asterisk.
To install Meslo LG Monospaced Programming Font with dotted zeros, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install meslolg.dz
To upgrade Meslo LG Monospaced Programming Font with dotted zeros, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade meslolg.dz
- This package was created prior to July 2014 - when package content started being included on the site. You can download and unzip the package or use Nuget Package Explorer to see the contents.
Virus Scan Results
- MesloLG.DZ.1.00.nupkg (3fb9a75eba9a) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- Install.zip (44c800f46074) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
Meslo has changed it’s name to Meslo LG which now includes three variants:
small, medium and large.
LG stands for Line Gap, so there’s one variant for smaller vertical line spacing,
more towards Apple’s Menlo, a normal line gap (which equals Meslo v0.1) and
a large gap, which is more than twice the space of Apple’s Menlo.
In addition to Regular, there’s Italic, Bold and Bold Italic font styles
included for each LG variant.
Tweaked the ascender/descender/line gap relationship a bit for better layout
at marginal smaller font sizes and prominent font styles (such as Bold and
Bold Italic). Things line underlines should be better to perceive now for
the font styles.
The asterisk (*) was tweaked for all font styles.
This includes making it line up with all alignment zones for similar height
symbol characters and fixing Menlo’s absence of a slanting angle for the italic
and bold italic font styles while maintaining the readability at all sizes.
Added a dotted zero version of Meslo LG which is called Meslo LG DZ.
|Meslo LG Monospaced Programming Font with dotted zeros 1.00||2198||Thursday, October 18, 2012|
Discussion for the Meslo LG Monospaced Programming Font with dotted zeros Package
- This discussion is only about Meslo LG Monospaced Programming Font with dotted zeros and the Meslo LG Monospaced Programming Font with dotted zeros package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Meslo LG Monospaced Programming Font with dotted zeros, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.