Downloads of v 4.5.0216.0
Microsoft Security Essentials is a free* download from Microsoft that is simple to install, easy to use, and always kept up-to-date so you can be assured your PC is protected by the latest technology.
Microsoft Security Essentials runs quietly and efficiently in the background so you’re free to use your Windows-based PC the way you want—without interruptions or long computer wait times.
Before installing Microsoft Security Essentials, we recommend that you uninstall other antivirus software already running on your PC. Running more than one antivirus program at the same time can potentially cause conflicts that affect PC performance
To install Microsoft Security Essentials, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install microsoftsecurityessentials
To upgrade Microsoft Security Essentials, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade microsoftsecurityessentials
- This package has no content.
Virus Scan Results
- MicrosoftSecurityEssentials.4.5.0216.0.nupkg (e4a2ecdce7d7) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- mseinstall.exe (2744df60f95d) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- mseinstall.exe (3c808c6dd3f8) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
© 2014 Microsoft
added the /runwgacheck to the installer
|Microsoft Security Essentials 4.5.0216.0||128778||Wednesday, August 6, 2014||approved|
|Microsoft Security Essentials 2.0.657.1||5764||Sunday, May 5, 2013|
|Microsoft Security Essentials 2.0.657.0||737||Sunday, July 1, 2012|
Discussion for the Microsoft Security Essentials Package
- This discussion is only about Microsoft Security Essentials and the Microsoft Security Essentials package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Microsoft Security Essentials, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.