Downloads of v 2.0
When your computer is getting full, BleachBit quickly frees disk space. When your information is only your business, BleachBit guards your privacy. With BleachBit you can free cache, delete cookies, clear Internet history, shred temporary files, delete logs, and discard junk you didn't know was there. Designed for Linux and Windows systems, it wipes clean thousands of applications including Firefox, Internet Explorer, Adobe Flash, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, and more. Beyond simply deleting files, BleachBit includes advanced features such as shredding files to prevent recovery, wiping free disk space to hide traces of files deleted by other applications, and vacuuming Firefox to make it faster. Better than free, BleachBit is open source.
BleachBit has many useful features designed to help you easily clean your computer to free space and maintain privacy.
- Delete your private files so completely that "even God can't read them" according to South Carolina Representative Trey Gowdy.
- Simple operation: read the descriptions, check the boxes you want, click preview, and click delete.
- Multi-platform: Linux and Windows
- Free of charge and no money trail
- Free to share, learn, and modify (open source)
- No adware, spyware, malware, browser toolbars, or "value-added software"
- Translated to 64 languages besides American English
- Shred files to hide their contents and prevent data recovery
- Shred any file (such as a spreadsheet on your desktop)
- Overwrite free disk space to hide previously deleted files
- Portable app for Windows: run without installation
- Command line interface for scripting and automation
- CleanerML allows anyone to write a new cleaner using XML
- Automatically import and update winapp2.ini cleaner files (a separate download) giving Windows users access to 2500+ additional cleaners
- Frequent software updates with new features
To install BleachBit, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install bleachbit
To upgrade BleachBit, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade bleachbit
- This package has no content.
Virus Scan Results
- bleachbit.2.0.nupkg (8e2552273286) - ## / 61 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- bleachbit.install (= 2.0)
|BleachBit 2.0||5975||Thursday, March 1, 2018||approved|
|BleachBit 1.19-beta||128||Sunday, December 31, 2017||exempted|
|BleachBit 1.17-beta||175||Friday, December 1, 2017||exempted|
|BleachBit 1.12||6342||Friday, July 1, 2016||approved|
|BleachBit 1.10||183||Friday, June 3, 2016||approved|
|BleachBit 1.6||2383||Sunday, November 30, 2014||approved|
|BleachBit 1.4||667||Tuesday, September 9, 2014|
|BleachBit 1.2||477||Friday, July 11, 2014|
|BleachBit 1.0||692||Monday, November 25, 2013|
|BleachBit 0.9.6||420||Thursday, July 11, 2013|
|BleachBit 0.9.5||313||Sunday, May 12, 2013|
Discussion for the BleachBit Package
- This discussion is only about BleachBit and the BleachBit package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or BleachBit, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.