Downloads of v 6.18
Checkstyle is a development tool to help programmers write Java code that adheres to a coding standard. It automates the process of checking Java code to spare humans of this boring (but important) task. This makes it ideal for projects that want to enforce a coding standard.
Checkstyle is highly configurable and can be made to support almost any coding standard. An example configuration files are supplied supporting the Sun Code Conventions, Google Java Style.
Due to changes in the Java 8 package, you may have to set your own
%JAVA_HOME% environment variable. Checkstyle is a JAR and, as you can see in the included
checkstyle.bat file, we have to run the checkstyle JAR through the
To install Checkstyle, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install checkstyle
To upgrade Checkstyle, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade checkstyle
@ECHO OFF "%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java" -jar "%CHECKSTYLE_HOME%\checkstyle-6.18-all.jar" %*
$tools = Split-Path $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition $package = Split-Path $tools $content = Join-Path $package 'checkstyle-6.18' $bat = Join-Path $tools 'checkstyle.bat' Install-ChocolateyZipPackage ` -PackageName 'checkstyle' ` -Url 'https://sourceforge.net/projects/checkstyle/files/checkstyle/6.18/checkstyle-6.18-bin.zip/download' ` -Checksum '2034571567DC973E3B30D7CBB45B005A628D2C1877FC0E0F058D61DD2F0BC841' ` -ChecksumType 'SHA256' ` -UnzipLocation $package Install-ChocolateyEnvironmentVariable ` -VariableName 'CHECKSTYLE_HOME' ` -VariableValue $content ` -VariableType 'Machine' Install-BinFile ` -Name 'checkstyle' ` -Path $bat Update-SessionEnvironment
$tools = Split-Path $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition $bat = Join-Path $tools 'checkstyle.bat' Uninstall-BinFile ` -Name 'checkstyle' ` -Path $bat
Virus Scan Results
- checkstyle.6.18.nupkg (d670905e5096) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- checkstyle-6.18-bin.zip (2034571567dc) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
|Checkstyle 6.18||214||Thursday, May 26, 2016||approved|
|Checkstyle 6.8.1||190||Wednesday, July 8, 2015||approved|
Discussion for the Checkstyle Package
- This discussion is only about Checkstyle and the Checkstyle package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Checkstyle, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.