Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 0.6.2:
23 Mar 2015
Tags:s.m.a.r.t. gui hardware disk reporting monitoring
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
1 Test Unknown and 1 Failing Test
Validation Testing Unknown
Verification Testing FailedDetails
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved by moderator alexinslc on 26 May 2015.
HDD Guardian is a front-end for smartctl, a tool for querying S.M.A.R.T. data of your hard drive. With HDD Guardian you can survey your hard disk health, preventing data loss due to hard drive death.
- easy device overview, with temperature, overall health and bad sectors indication
- display an optional icon into the tray area for each local device
- HDD Guardian tray icon change shield color if a device is failing
- monitor virtual devices loaded from a shared smartctl output
- displays device identity information
- perform self-test and displays their results
- allow enabling/disabling S.M.A.R.T., automatic offline data collection (an automatic test performed by device every four hours) and autosave of vendor-specific attributes
- displays attributes information and graphs
- displays device error log
- allow to set device-specific attribute format and firmware debug
- allow to set warnings behaviour
- support for external (USB) devices, also in docking stations
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- hddguardian.0.6.2.nupkg (0d225e40705f) - ## / 56
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|HDD Guardian 0.6.2||1454||Monday, March 23, 2015||Approved|
- This discussion is only about HDD Guardian and the HDD Guardian package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or HDD Guardian, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.