Downloads of v 22.214.171.124
It does the same thing as you can remove device from Device Manager but it provides much friendly user interface as you remove the removable device from the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon in the notification area. It also ensures that all data are written and flushed to the disk before the device to be hot-swapped, so you can use SATA/eSATA drive as a removable device much alike USB/IEEE1394 drive.
======= Notes =======
You've to have a compatible hardware and OS to do this program work:
-Windows Vista / 7 / Server 2008 / 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
-Silicon Image SATA Host Controller (SiI3112A, SiI3114, SiI3132, etc)
-Silicon Image SATA-PATA (Parallel ATA) Bridge Controller (SiI3611)
-SATA Host Controller (AHCI mode enabled in BIOS) (e.g. Intel Controller Hub (ICH), JMicron JMB363)
-If Silicon Image controller is used, the driver will spin-down the drive upon device removable.
Refer to http://mt-naka.com/hotswap/index_enu.htm
-Does HotSwap! support Windows 2000?
Windows 2000 is no longer supported as of Version 126.96.36.199. Please use Version 188.8.131.52.
-Does HotSwap! support Windows XP and Server 2003?
Windows XP and Server 2003 are no longer supported as of Version 184.108.40.206. Please use Version 220.127.116.11.
-To uninstall right click on the notification icon and select Uninstall, then remove "chocolatey/lib/hotswap.x.x.x.x" folder.
To install HotSwap!, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install hotswap
To upgrade HotSwap!, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade hotswap
- This package was created prior to July 2014 - when package content started being included on the site. You can download and unzip the package or use Nuget Package Explorer to see the contents.
Virus Scan Results
- hotswap.18.104.22.168.nupkg (5680dd7af12a) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- hotswapInstall.zip (746b0caa98c3) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
|HotSwap! 22.214.171.124||1079||Sunday, September 29, 2013|
|HotSwap! 126.96.36.199||303||Tuesday, January 21, 2014|
Discussion for the HotSwap! Package
- This discussion is only about HotSwap! and the HotSwap! package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or HotSwap!, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.