Downloads of v 1.2
This package sets a registry key that causes the Java Runtime Environment installer program to skip offering to install the Ask.com toolbar adware (and possibly other future unwanted software).
This is particularily relevant for Java updates, which also try to install that toolbar.
To install Prevent Ask.com toolbar installation by Java, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install javaruntime-preventasktoolbar
To upgrade Prevent Ask.com toolbar installation by Java, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade javaruntime-preventasktoolbar
- This package was created prior to July 2014 - when package content started being included on the site. You can download and unzip the package or use Nuget Package Explorer to see the contents.
Virus Scan Results
- javaruntime-preventasktoolbar.1.2.nupkg (66be1822f6c1) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- chocolatey (≥ 0.9.8.21)
|Prevent Ask.com toolbar installation by Java 1.2||22890||Tuesday, February 18, 2014|
|Prevent Ask.com toolbar installation by Java 1.1||285||Tuesday, February 18, 2014|
|Prevent Ask.com toolbar installation by Java 1.0||277||Tuesday, February 18, 2014|
Discussion for the Prevent Ask.com toolbar installation by Java Package
- This discussion is only about Prevent Ask.com toolbar installation by Java and the Prevent Ask.com toolbar installation by Java package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Prevent Ask.com toolbar installation by Java, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.