Downloads of v 3.100.20190612
LAME is a high quality MPEG Audio Layer III (MP3) encoder licensed under the LGPL.
LAME is considered the best MP3 encoder at mid-high bitrates and at VBR, mostly thanks to the dedicated work of its developers and the open source licensing model that allowed the project to tap into engineering resources from all around the world. Both quality and speed improvements are still happening, probably making LAME the only MP3 encoder still being actively developed.
- Quality better than all other encoders at most bitrates.
- Fast! Encodes faster than real time on a PII 266 at highest quality mode.
- Many improvements in quality in speed over ISO reference software.
- MPEG1, MPEG2 and MPEG2.5 layer III encoding.
- CBR (constant bitrate) and two types of variable bitrate, VBR and ABR.
- Encoding engine can be compiled as a shared library (Linux/UNIX), DLL , Directshow filter or ACM codec (Windows).
- Free format encoding and decoding.
- GPSYCHO: a GPL'd psycho acoustic and noise shaping model.
- Powerful and easy to use presets.
- MP3x: a GTK/X-Window MP3 frame analyzer for both .mp3 and unencoded audio files.
To install LAME, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install lame
To upgrade LAME, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade lame
Can I use LAME in my commercial program? Yes, you can, under the restrictions of the LGPL (see COPYING in this folder). The easiest way to do this is to: 1. Link to LAME as separate library (libmp3lame.a on unix or lame_enc.dll or libmp3lame.dll on windows) 2. Fully acknowledge that you are using LAME, and give a link to our web site, www.mp3dev.org 3. If you make modifications to LAME, you *must* release these modifications back to the LAME project, under the LGPL.
VERIFICATION Verification is intended to assist the Chocolatey moderators and community in verifying that this package's contents are trustworthy. Package can be verified like this: 1. Go to x32: http://www.rarewares.org/files/mp3/lame3.100.zip to download the installer. 2. You can use one of the following methods to obtain the SHA256 checksum: - Use powershell function 'Get-FileHash' - Use Chocolatey utility 'checksum.exe' checksum32: 910e14565e7edc419e3b841d1cd7eb83db52727d0f34fceec2b04d905a148ac6 File 'license.txt' is obtained from: http://lame.sourceforge.net/license.txt
md5: BEC5421D8E6BCF419C458C9664E16A2B | sha1: 402846A7F0BAD56FA35010F6B6307B945F2F588E | sha256: B2C659146DB1D08E75464EA35BAE89239B381DB2F4BCABDE092B908157E9747B | sha512: DBCCCF1F8B6D064251D52E82AD6ACCA72E15DCDEB677EFC76DE92A18C502FB6D5B2028CA2641DE4F7EC9387C0C85632E32426BDE67B7643DC9A8BCD288E70D2D
md5: 1E1DAE3A61EEE663E7DFC21EDAC17F52 | sha1: 4569590DF56E44931E6FDEA91882E0580B07CBF5 | sha256: F806D1FB2EAC91DCC199C821A639F353C208506ACC7773187BD7CA7D71982C78 | sha512: E8B32ED6ABAF315F1D097F3E27DD58AC04EECB294C8D80CFBC00334AAE7A857DE713F59A39E895848C75B86AC5594436A2A1A7760F0C48D50F609D4AEEEFDF41
Virus Scan Results
- lame_enc.dll (f806d1fb2eac) - ## / 73 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- lame.3.100.20190612.nupkg (6df7bb5c10af) - ## / 62 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- lame.exe (b2c659146db1) - ## / 72 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
|LAME 3.100.20190612||1061||Wednesday, June 12, 2019||approved|
|LAME 3.100.20181129||2157||Thursday, November 29, 2018||approved|
|LAME 3.100.20180304||2935||Sunday, March 4, 2018||approved|
|LAME 3.100||2050||Saturday, November 18, 2017||approved|
|LAME 3.99.5||2928||Tuesday, December 29, 2015||approved|
Discussion for the LAME Package
- This discussion is only about LAME and the LAME package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or LAME, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.