Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 22.214.171.12450213:
- npm Inc
Tags:npm node nodejs
[DEPRECATED] npm Package Manager
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Private CDN cached downloads available for licensed customers. Never experience 404 breakages again! Learn more...
This package was approved by moderator purity on 3/2/2015.
This package uses an older NPM which is no longer offered as a standalone package separately from NodeJS. It is recommended that you uninstall this package and the package nodejs.commandline in favor of nodejs.install (which nodejs package now points to).
This version of npm is known to have issues on Windows.
npm is the official package manager for Node.js.
npm, is two things: first and foremost, it is an online repository for the publishing of open-source Node.js projects; second, it is a command-line utility for interacting with said repository that aids in package installation, version management, and dependency management. A plethora of node.js libraries and applications are published on npm, and many more are added every day. These applications can be searched for on http://search.npmjs.org/. Once you have a package you want to install, it can be installed with a single commmand-line command.
Let's say you're hard at work one day, developing the Next Great Application. You come across a problem, and you decide that it's time to use that cool library you keep hearing about - let's use Caolan McMahon's async as an example. Thankfully, npm is very simple to use: you only have to run npm install async, and the specified module will be installed in the current directory under ./nodemodules/. Once installed to your nodemodules folder, you'll be able to use require() on them just like they were built-ins.
Let's look at an example of a global install - let's say coffee-script. The npm command is simple: npm install coffee-script -g. This will typically install the program and put a symlink to it in /usr/local/bin/. This will then allow you to run the program from the console just like any other CLI tool. In this case, running coffee will now allow you to use the coffee-script REPL.
Another important use for npm is dependency management. When you have a node project with a package.json file, you can run npm install from the project root and npm will install all the dependencies listed in the package.json. This makes installing a Node project from a git repo much easier! For example, vows, one of Node's testing frameworks, can be installed from git, and its single dependency, eyes, can be automatically handled:
git clone https://github.com/cloudhead/vows.git cd vows npm install
After running those commands, you will see a node_modules folder containing all of the project dependencies specified in the package.json.
$packageName = 'npm' $packageVersion = '1.4.9' $installerType = 'zip' $url = 'http://nodejs.org/dist/npm/npm-1.4.9.zip' Install-ChocolateyZipPackage "$packageName" "$url" "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)"
- npm.126.96.36.19950213.nupkg (2051ff131b27) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- npm.exe (9a109faa9f11) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- npm-1.4.9.zip (d4121588a78b) - ## / 54 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about [DEPRECATED] npm Package Manager and the [DEPRECATED] npm Package Manager package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or [DEPRECATED] npm Package Manager, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.