Downloads of v 1.42
This utility scans the passwords stored by popular Windows applications (Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and more...)
and displays security information about all these passwords.
The security information of every stored password includes the total number of characters, number of numeric characters, number of lowercase/uppercase characters, number of repeating characters, and password strength.
You can use this tool to determine whether the passwords used by other users are secured enough, without watching the passwords themselves.
To install Password Security Scanner, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install passwordscan
To upgrade Password Security Scanner, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade passwordscan
Virus Scan Results
- passwordscan.1.42.nupkg (d3bb44461c8d) - ## / 61 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- passwordscan.install (= 1.42)
© 2011 NirSoft
- Automatically built and uploaded by dtgm
|Password Security Scanner 1.42||147||Tuesday, December 19, 2017||approved|
|Password Security Scanner 1.37||270||Tuesday, July 5, 2016||approved|
|Password Security Scanner 1.36||177||Tuesday, April 26, 2016||approved|
|Password Security Scanner 1.35||135||Wednesday, February 10, 2016||approved|
Discussion for the Password Security Scanner Package
- This discussion is only about Password Security Scanner and the Password Security Scanner package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Password Security Scanner, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.