Downloads of v 2.3
Path-Manager is a small utility for easy management of environment variables. It can add/modify/remove variables and can also save their values for backup.
- Separately view all System and User environment variables
- Clear and splitted view of entries
- Options to check for invalid entries
- Import/Export support for entire environment setting
path-manager appears to be a recoded derivative of pathmanager
To install Path-Manager, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install path-manager
To upgrade Path-Manager, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade path-manager
$packageName = 'path-manager' $url = 'http://sourceforge.net/projects/pathtool/files/Executable/Path%20Manager_2.3.exe/download' $checksum = '3573d956fb899c2d7f143f422cb49fc276cb33f4' $checksumType = 'sha1' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $installFile = Join-Path $toolsDir "$($packageName).exe" Get-ChocolateyWebFile -PackageName "$packageName" ` -FileFullPath "$installFile" ` -Url "$url" ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType" # create empty sidecar so shimgen creates shim for GUI rather than console $shimGui = $installFile + ".gui" Set-Content -Path $shimGui ` -Value $null
Virus Scan Results
- path-manager.2.3.nupkg (1b79c182359e) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- path-manager.exe (857b707882b0) - ## / 52 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
© 2013 Anurag Saini
First version (v1.0) was developed with Visual Studio 2012 Express (C#, .NET 4.5)
Second version (v2.0) is developed with Lazarus IDE v1.0.8 (Pascal)
That means, from version 2.0 Path Manager is a native windows application and it no longer needs .NET framework.
This change also resulted in increased size of executable however increase in performance and speed is significant. New executable of version 2.0 is compressed with upx.
Overview of changes (v2.3):
- Fixed problem of exception on startup
- Added function to notify all windows that the environment variables have changed
Overview of changes (v2.2):
- Removed shortcuts for refresh and about (were causing problem in Windows XP)
- Added Popup-Menu for variable-list and value-list
- Restart As Admin button now invisible when Path-Manager is run as admin
- It seemes that environment change message in not broadcast to applications, as for now, I am looking for some proper solution. For the meantime restarting explorer.exe should do the job.
Overview of changes (v2.1):
- Support for non-admin users
- Fixed splitter position bug
- Refresh environment data without relaunch
Overview of changes (v2.0):
- Now a standalone application, no need of .NET framework
- Reduced memory consumption
- Takes much less time in saving changes
|Path-Manager 2.3||613||Friday, June 26, 2015||approved|
|Path-Manager 2.2||190||Friday, June 26, 2015||approved|
|Path-Manager 2.1||226||Friday, June 26, 2015||approved|
|Path-Manager 2.0||245||Friday, June 26, 2015||approved|
|Path-Manager 1.0||206||Friday, June 26, 2015||approved|
Discussion for the Path-Manager Package
- This discussion is only about Path-Manager and the Path-Manager package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Path-Manager, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.