Downloads of v 6.1.2
PowerShell Core is the open source multiplatform version of PowerShell
Preview releases are under the package id powershell-preview so that they can be safely installed and maintained side-by-side with the release versions on production systems.
Preview versions do not become the default powershell core edition on a system (unless they are the ONLY edition), if you have a preview version installed, access it via pwsh's '-pre' switch.
This package automatically does verbose MSI logging to %temp%(packagenameandversion).MsiInstall.log
There are some helpful arguments you can pass to the MSI installer, but you should use the powershell-core package
directly to do so.
To install pwsh (Install), run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install pwsh
To upgrade pwsh (Install), run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade pwsh
#Install-VirtualPackage 'powershell-core' 'powershell-core'
From: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PowerShell/PowerShell/master/LICENSE.txt LICENSE PowerShell 6.0 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved. MIT License Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the ""Software""), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED *AS IS*, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
VERIFICATION Verification is intended to assist the Chocolatey moderators and community in verifying that this package's contents are trustworthy. Retrieve the SHA256 value for the specific release MSI you will install from this page: https://github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell/releases Calculate the SHA256 on the file and compare. The package also contains and performs the checksum even when it has the source internally.
Virus Scan Results
- pwsh.6.1.2.nupkg (7d2a5bf1b856) - ## / 61 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- powershell-core (= 6.1.2)
Product Release Notes https://github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell/releases/tag/v6.0.3
Package release Notes:
|pwsh (Install) 6.1.2||521||Thursday, January 17, 2019||approved|
|pwsh (Install) 6.1.1||416||Friday, November 16, 2018||approved|
|pwsh (Install) 220.127.116.1181026||74||Thursday, November 8, 2018||approved|
|pwsh (Install) 6.1.0||261||Saturday, September 15, 2018||approved|
|pwsh (Install) 6.1.0-rc1||47||Wednesday, August 29, 2018||approved|
|pwsh (Install) 6.1.0-preview-3||118||Thursday, June 14, 2018||approved|
|pwsh (Install) 6.1.0-preview-2||106||Saturday, April 28, 2018||approved|
|pwsh (Install) 6.1.0-preview-1||86||Tuesday, March 27, 2018||approved|
|pwsh (Install) 6.0.4||145||Saturday, August 11, 2018||approved|
|pwsh (Install) 18.104.22.16880704||243||Wednesday, July 4, 2018||approved|
|pwsh (Install) 6.0.1||645||Thursday, January 25, 2018||approved|
|pwsh (Install) 6.0.0||139||Thursday, January 11, 2018||approved|
|pwsh (Install) 6.0.0-rc2||126||Friday, December 15, 2017||exempted|
|pwsh (Install) 6.0.0-rc1||134||Sunday, November 19, 2017||exempted|
|pwsh (Install) 6.0.0-beta9||133||Saturday, November 4, 2017||exempted|
Discussion for the pwsh (Install) Package
- This discussion is only about pwsh (Install) and the pwsh (Install) package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or pwsh (Install), or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.