Downloads of v 2.6.2
There is no standard tool for writing images to flash disks, everybody uses what he or she likes. In ROSA the command line tool dd was traditionally recommended for performing this kind of job. However, it can hardly be called user-friendly, and most users would feel at least some discomfort, if not terror, using it. For Windows users the situation is even worse. Granted, there is a dd port for Windows, but it happened to have serious bugs which prevent the resultant flash disks from working properly. All this led to the solution of developing our own tool, ROSA Image Writer.
To install ROSA ImageWriter, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install rosaimagewriter
To upgrade ROSA ImageWriter, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade rosaimagewriter
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop'; Uninstall-ChocolateyZipPackage ` -PackageName "rosaimagewriter" ` -ZipFileName "RosaImageWriter*" Remove-item -path "$Home\Desktop\RosaImageWriter.lnk" -Force -ErrorAction 'SilentlyContinue'
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop'; $packageName = 'rosaimagewriter' $url = 'http://wiki.rosalab.ru/en/images/6/62/RosaImageWriter-2.6.2-win.zip' $checksum = 'D3AE532DA5A2C16E3E39DE8986089D32A9B00576EC49745D64F1AB8531D1B28C' $checksumType = 'sha256' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType" # Create an exe shotcut at the desktop. Install-ChocolateyShortcut -ShortcutFilePath "$Home\Desktop\RosaImageWriter.lnk" ` -TargetPath "$toolsDir\RosaImageWriter\RosaImageWriter.exe"
Virus Scan Results
- rosaimagewriter.2.6.2.nupkg (1c79b075f769) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- RosaImageWriter.exe (e610affb772b) - ## / 61 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- RosaImageWriter-2.6.2-win.zip (d3ae532da5a2) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
|ROSA ImageWriter 2.6.2||355||Friday, June 16, 2017||approved|
Discussion for the ROSA ImageWriter Package
- This discussion is only about ROSA ImageWriter and the ROSA ImageWriter package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or ROSA ImageWriter, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.