Downloads of v 8.0.212
Server JRE (Server Java Runtime Environment) for deploying Java applications on servers. Includes tools for JVM monitoring and tools commonly required for server applications, but does not include browser integration (the Java plug-in), auto-update, nor an installer.
This is just a metapackage for the latest Server JRE (currently Server JRE 8). Have a look at the server-jre8 package for more details.
The Oracle JDK License has changed for releases starting April 16, 2019. Please only use this package if you have purchased a valid license for your environment.
Parameters (for server-jre8)
The following package parameters can be set:
/InstallationPath- Install to a different destination folder. Default:
/Force- Force setting JAVA_HOME to the new version even if the variable was already set
/Machine- Set JAVA_HOME and PATH on 'Machine' level, instead of 'User' level
These parameters can be passed to the installer with the use of
--packageParameters but since these parameters
don't directly affect the virtual package, we need to add
--paramsglobal to pass them to the target/dependent server-jre8.
choco install server-jre --paramsglobal --packageParameters '"/InstallationPath:C:\tools\Java /Force /Machine"'.
- This package has no content.
Virus Scan Results
- server-jre.8.0.212.nupkg (de1a07ea1ce6) - ## / 61 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- server-jre8 (≥ 8.0.202)
Version HistoryShow More
Discussion for the Server JRE (Java SE Runtime Environment) Package
- This discussion is only about Server JRE (Java SE Runtime Environment) and the Server JRE (Java SE Runtime Environment) package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Server JRE (Java SE Runtime Environment), or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.