Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 1.0.558:
07 May 2017
- Glenn Delahoy
Tags:snappy driver installer origin drivers updater utility portable SDIO SDI
[Deprecated] Snappy Driver Installer Origin
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
2 Passing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
This package was approved by moderator flcdrg on 07 May 2017.
This pkg has been deprecated because it's incompatible with SDIOs new version number format.
New package name: SDIO
Snappy Driver Installer Origin (SDIO)
Snappy Driver Installer Origin is a fork of Snappy Driver Installer starting at version
r541. The old project is no longer in the hands of the original developers, is no longer open source and is not safe to use.
Snappy Driver Installer Origin remains a free, open source project. Free means it costs you nothing to download and use. Free means it is free of adware, malware, backdoors, unwanted third party software or other dodgy stuff.
INSTALL MISSING DRIVERS AND UPDATE OLD DRIVERS
If you've lost your driver discs, you're unable to find drivers on the manufacturer's website or Windows Update can't configure your hardware, use this tool to quickly find and install all missing drivers.
If you're a PC technician, keep Snappy Driver Installer Origin on your USB flash drive or external hard drive and take it with you wherever you go. In environments with no Internet access, you can quickly get things working. No more searching for drivers after a clean install, just let Snappy Driver Installer Origin do its thing and your job will be done in no time.
No limitations. No premium features. No adware. No gotchas.
Keep it on your USB flash drive and use it on the go. No installation is necessary.
You'll be notified about available updates and you'll be able to download them with the tool itself.
Easy system restore point creation.
Supports all Windows
Compatible with all versions of Windows, including server editions.
Pick any theme you like or make your own.
State of the art algorithms for finding the best matching drivers for any devices.
Licensed under GNU GPL v3.0.
Twenty-seven languages are supported. Your language is probably among them.
Supports: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- SDIO_R558.exe (42ffdc7887b8) - ## / 61
- SDIO_x64_R558.exe (4edc0c86ccf5) - ## / 61
- SDIO_R558.zip (ea57b806cdcc) - ## / 58
- snappy-driver-installer-origin.1.0.558.nupkg (d29e60de7caa) - ## / 58
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|[Deprecated] Snappy Driver Installer Origin 1.0.558||1029||Sunday, May 7, 2017||Approved|
|Snappy Driver Installer Origin 1.0.554||292||Thursday, April 27, 2017||Approved|
- This discussion is only about [Deprecated] Snappy Driver Installer Origin and the [Deprecated] Snappy Driver Installer Origin package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or [Deprecated] Snappy Driver Installer Origin, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.