Downloads of v 1.1
Activate Snips using the hotkey - Default is CTRL+` (CTRL+Backtick) [Can be changed in snips.ini]
On activation the search box is focused, so you can imeediately type to search snippets
Hit the down arrow to activate the tree or search resuls box. Use the arrow keys to navigate
Press enter or double click to copy a snippet to clipboard
Escape key will close Snips and return to your previous window
CTRL+R will refresh your list of snippets from disk
A tray icon is displayed, which you can use to manage Snips or terminate the program.
All snippets are plain text files stored in the \snips folder under the program binary. One snippet per file.
To install Snips, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install snips
To upgrade Snips, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade snips
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop'; Uninstall-ChocolateyZipPackage ` -PackageName "snips" ` -ZipFileName "snips*" Remove-item -path "$Home\Desktop\Snips.lnk" -Force -ErrorAction 'SilentlyContinue'
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop'; $packageName = 'snips' $url = 'https://github.com/ethanpil/snips/releases/download/1.1/snips-v1.1.zip' $checksum = '46F65C3F7F2919A259ED830681934A5D9C5BE1EC2C8DBF90FB44B59994C5C748' $checksumType = 'sha256' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType" # Create an exe shotcut at the desktop. Install-ChocolateyShortcut -ShortcutFilePath "$Home\Desktop\Snips.lnk" ` -TargetPath "$toolsDir\snips.exe"
Virus Scan Results
- snips.1.1.nupkg (d09eece03015) - ## / 59 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- snips.exe (d1a49e06a109) - ## / 62 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- snips-v1.1.zip (46f65c3f7f29) - ## / 59 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
Copyright (C) Ethan Piliavin
|Snips 1.1||383||Thursday, June 22, 2017||approved|
Discussion for the Snips Package
- This discussion is only about Snips and the Snips package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Snips, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.