Downloads of v 55.0.2883.87001
A number of features or background services communicate with Google servers despite the absence of an associated Google account or compiled-in Google API keys. Furthermore, the normal build process for Chromium involves running Google's own high-level commands that invoke many scripts and utilities, some of which download and use pre-built binaries provided by Google. Even the final build output includes some pre-built binaries. Fortunately, the source code is available for everything.
ungoogled-chromium is a set of configuration flags, patches, and custom scripts. These components altogether strive to accomplish the following:
* Disable or remove offending services and features that communicate with Google or weaken privacy
* Strip binaries from the source tree, and use those provided by the system or build them from source
* Add, modify, or disable features that inhibit control and transparency (these changes are minor and do not have significant impacts on the general user experience)
ungoogled-chromium is looking for contributors. See the Contributing, Reporting, Contacting section for more information.
Contributing, Reporting, Contacting
Contributors are welcome!
If you are interested in making a change, I, Eloston, encourage you to submit a pull request. Please read the Pull requests section below for submission guidelines.
* Additionally, issues marked with the
help wanted tag are changes I need others to help with. Please read the issue's comment thread for more details on what needs to be done.
Pull requests are also welcome. Here are some guidelines:
* Changes that fix certain configurations or add small features and do not break compatibility are generally okay
* Larger changes, such as those that change
buildlib, should be proposed through an issue first before submitting a pull request.
* When in doubt, propose the idea through an issue first.
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop'; # stop on all errors Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -packageName 'ungoogled-chromium' -UnzipLocation $(Split-Path -Parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition) -Url 'https://github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium/releases/download/55.0.2883.87-1/ungoogled-chromium_55.0.2883.87-1_windows_x86.zip' -checksum '38EEF153C7A34D8E858859F159BCCCB3745EBE99428B00464A7E32426E50CD53' -checksumType 'sha256'-Url64 'https://github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium/releases/download/55.0.2883.87-1/ungoogled-chromium_55.0.2883.87-1_windows_x64.zip' -checksum64 '0B748947A56F814055F678C4BE1E375A5FE614B17ABAE91B3D2BA49A5E20B4CD' -checksumType64 'sha256'
Virus Scan Results
- D3Dcompiler_47.dll (9511ab288ac0) - ## / 64 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- d3dcompiler_47.dll (a3a79c73a56e) - ## / 61 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- ungoogled-chromium.55.0.2883.87001.nupkg (a8974a0d5066) - ## / 58 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- chrome.dll (864f7d1cbfff) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- chrome.exe (eb5c7d3c7f2a) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- chrome_child.dll (80229aab1c0a) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- chrome_elf.dll (23181c77d884) - ## / 58 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- chrome_watcher.dll (228e0141848f) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- libegl.dll (04f6c1d419e5) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- libglesv2.dll (c21efb5bb647) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- widevinecdm.dll (c30cbc6fcec4) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- widevinecdmadapter.dll (b926658d2491) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- chrome.dll (34d31970d224) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- chrome.exe (4b9b394fc84c) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- chrome_child.dll (e3e0ac12228f) - ## / 56 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- chrome_elf.dll (5bdf129444dd) - ## / 58 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- chrome_watcher.dll (1d17df8ddd4d) - ## / 58 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- libegl.dll (294317fcddd2) - ## / 58 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- libglesv2.dll (99fd31dd4468) - ## / 58 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- widevinecdm.dll (3ed0c2cc8908) - ## / 58 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- widevinecdmadapter.dll (cfcff7a01521) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- ungoogled-chromium_55.0.2883.87-1_windows_x64.zip (0b748947a56f) - ## / 60 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- ungoogled-chromium_55.0.2883.87-1_windows_x86.zip (38eef153c7a3) - ## / 61 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
What's new since 55.0.2883.75-1:
- Fix Windows support
- Fix macOS Widevine support
- Fix Linux static build
- Minor tweaks and changes to buildlib and patches
The following binaries are built by @Eloston. For binaries on other systems, see this page.
Download for Debian 9.0 (stretch) amd64:
Download for Windows 32-bit:
Download for Windows 64-bit:
|ungoogled-chromium 67.0.3396.87003||574||Friday, July 27, 2018||approved|
|ungoogled-chromium 66.0.3359.139001||276||Wednesday, May 9, 2018||approved|
Discussion for the ungoogled-chromium Package
- This discussion is only about ungoogled-chromium and the ungoogled-chromium package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or ungoogled-chromium, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.