Downloads of v 14.16.27027.20190415
Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 installs run-time components of Visual C++ libraries. These components are required to run C++ applications that are developed using Visual Studio 2017 and link dynamically to Visual C++ libraries. The packages can be used to run such applications on a computer even if it does not have Visual Studio 2017 installed. These packages also install run-time components of C Runtime (CRT), Standard C++, MFC, C++ AMP, and OpenMP libraries.
This package is only a metapackage which points to the latest Visual C++ Redistributable version released in the Visual Studio 2017 release channel. The actual installation of the runtime is performed by the vcredist140 package.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 10, Windows 8.1 / Server 2012 R2 (with KB2919355), Windows 8 / Windows Server 2012, Windows 7 SP1 (with KB3033929) / Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Vista SP2 / Server 2008 SP2, Windows XP SP3 / Windows Server 2003 SP2
To install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install vcredist2017
To upgrade Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade vcredist2017
- This package has no content.
Virus Scan Results
- vcredist2017.14.16.27027.20190415.nupkg (2253f70a0396) - ## / 58 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- vcredist140 (≥ 14.16.27027.1)
14.16.27027.20190415: Fixed dependency on vcredist140 so that this package no longer prevents updating vcredist140 to a later version.
Version HistoryShow More
Discussion for the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 Package
- This discussion is only about Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 and the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.