Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 0.11.11:
31 Aug 2020
- Bitcoin XT Developers
Tags:bitcoin btc blockchain wallet crypto currency p2p
Bitcoin XT (no longer maintained)
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
2 Passing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was rejected on 07 Sep 2020. The reviewer gep13 has listed the following reason(s):
Bitcoin XT (Not maintained anymore)
Bitcoin XT is an implementation of a Bitcoin full node, based upon the source code of Bitcoin Core with a focus on upgrades to the peer to peer protocol. By running it you can opt in to providing the Bitcoin network with additional services beyond what Bitcoin Core provides, including bigger blocks.
It is built by taking the latest stable Core release, applying a series of patches, and then doing deterministic builds so anyone can check the downloads correspond to the source code.
Virus detection : More info
- Size increases based on quantity of transactions (growth chart)
- Blockchain is slowly downloaded only when Bitcoin XT is running and connected to network
- Blockchain default location is
- Bitcoin XT uses the same data directories as Bitcoin Core so either program can use the same blockchain data.
- This program should only be installed on a trusted machine.
- By default, upon first execution Bitcoin XT creates an unencrypted wallet file at
- Wallet.dat stores all your private keys for public Bitcoin addresses. If this file is not encrypted, anyone with access to the file may withdraw funds from addresses stored in the file. For this reason, you should encrypt wallet.dat as soon as possible from the Bitcoin XT interface.
- After encrypting wallet.dat, back up wallet.dat to at least one other secure storage medium.
- More information about securing your wallet
If this package isn't up-to-date for some days, Create an issue
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- bitcoinxt.0.11.11.nupkg (880021b98567) - ## / 51
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Bitcoin XT 0.11.04||637||Monday, January 18, 2016||Approved|
© 2019 Bitcoin XT Developers
- This discussion is only about Bitcoin XT (no longer maintained) and the Bitcoin XT (no longer maintained) package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Bitcoin XT (no longer maintained), or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.