Downloads of v 0.0.2
checksum - Command line file checksum validator.
checksum checks a file and returns a checksum for both md5 and sha1.
To use checksum you would simply provide a file path and it will return the sum for the file.
Example: checksum -f="relative\path"
Example: checksum "relative\path"
Example: checksum -f="c:\absolute\path" -t=sha1
You can also check against an existing signature.
To validate against an existing signature (hash) you would simply provide the file and the expected signature. When checking a signature, if the signature is valid it exits with 0, otherwise it exits with a non-zero exit code.
Example: checksum "c:\path\to\somefile.exe" -c="thehash"
Example: checksum -f="c:\path\to\somefile.exe" -c="thehash" -t=sha1
checksum [-t=sha1|md5] [-c=signature] [-f=]filepath
-?, --help, -h
Prints out the options.
REQUIRED: file - The is the name of the file. The file should exist
-t, --type, --hashtype=VALUE
Optional: hashtype - 'md5' or 'sha1' Defaults to 'md5'.
Optional: check - the signature you want to check. Not case sensitive.
To install checksum, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install checksum
To upgrade checksum, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade checksum
- This package was created prior to July 2014 - when package content started being included on the site. You can download and unzip the package or use Nuget Package Explorer to see the contents.
Virus Scan Results
- checksum.0.0.2.nupkg (a6ecd498749d) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- checksum.exe (3e5c3adda5aa) - ## / 57 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
This package has no dependencies.
2014-Present RealDimensions Software, LLC
|checksum 0.2.0||23867||Wednesday, March 22, 2017||approved|
|checksum 0.1.0||1533||Monday, September 5, 2016||approved|
|checksum 0.0.3||671||Monday, September 28, 2015||approved|
|checksum 0.0.2||911||Sunday, March 2, 2014||approved|
|checksum 0.0.1||255||Saturday, March 1, 2014||approved|
Discussion for the checksum Package
- This discussion is only about checksum and the checksum package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or checksum, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.