Downloads of v 2.10.1
Git (for Windows) - Git is a powerful distributed Source Code Management tool. If you just want to use Git to do your version control in Windows, you will need to download Git for Windows, run the installer, and you are ready to start.
Note: Git for Windows is a project run by volunteers, so if you want it to improve, volunteer!
The package uses default install options minus cheetah integration and desktop icons. Cheetah prevents a good upgrade scenario, so it has been removed.
The following package parameters can be set:
/GitOnlyOnPath- this puts gitinstall\cmd on path. This is also done by default if no package parameters are set.
/GitAndUnixToolsOnPath- this puts gitinstall\bin on path. This setting will override
/NoAutoCrlf- this setting only affects new installs, it will not override an existing
.gitconfig. This will ensure 'Checkout as is, commit as is'
These parameters can be passed to the installer with the use of
-params '"/GitAndUnixToolsOnPath /NoAutoCrlf"'.
To install Git, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install git
To upgrade Git, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade git
- This package has no content.
Virus Scan Results
- git.2.10.1.nupkg (1b52753b0141) - ## / 55 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- git.install (= 2.10.1)
|Git 2.10.1||13882||Tuesday, October 4, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.10.0||20489||Saturday, September 3, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.9.3||16067||Saturday, August 13, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.9.2||13085||Sunday, July 17, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.9.0||94||Tuesday, June 14, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.8.4||100||Wednesday, June 8, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.8.3||31||Friday, May 20, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.8.2||88||Sunday, May 8, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.8.1||16735||Tuesday, April 5, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.8.0||5892||Tuesday, March 29, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.7.4||7297||Friday, March 18, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.7.3||3003||Tuesday, March 15, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.7.2||12034||Tuesday, February 23, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.7.1||9694||Sunday, February 7, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.7.0||52056||Tuesday, January 5, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.6.4||9980||Monday, December 14, 2015||approved|
|Git 2.6.3||16584||Tuesday, November 10, 2015||approved|
|Git 2.6.2||13105||Monday, October 19, 2015||approved|
|Git 2.6.1||8444||Tuesday, October 6, 2015||approved|
|Git 2.6.0||4106||Tuesday, September 29, 2015||approved|
|Git 2.5.3||6780||Friday, September 18, 2015||approved|
|Git 2.5.2||5212||Friday, September 11, 2015||approved|
|Git 2.5.1||6670||Monday, August 31, 2015||approved|
|Git 2.5.0||6815||Tuesday, August 18, 2015||approved|
|Git 184.108.40.20650320||50770||Wednesday, April 29, 2015||approved|
|Git 220.127.116.1150319||16441||Monday, March 23, 2015||approved|
|Git 18.104.22.16850114||28374||Wednesday, January 14, 2015||approved|
|Git 1.9.5||10697||Thursday, December 18, 2014||approved|
|Git 22.214.171.12440929||27924||Monday, September 29, 2014||approved|
|Git 1.9.4||33985||Friday, June 13, 2014||approved|
|Git 1.9.2||3169||Wednesday, June 4, 2014||approved|
|Git 126.96.36.19940303||13073||Tuesday, April 1, 2014||approved|
|Git 1.9.0||8803||Tuesday, February 18, 2014||approved|
|Git 188.8.131.52||8568||Tuesday, December 31, 2013||approved|
|Git 1.8.4||12097||Tuesday, September 17, 2013||approved|
|Git 1.8.3||9284||Friday, June 8, 2012||approved|
|Git 184.108.40.206||8213||Saturday, February 2, 2013||approved|
|Git 1.8.0||4623||Tuesday, October 23, 2012||approved|
|Git 1.7.11||3500||Thursday, June 21, 2012||approved|
|Git 1.7.10||836||Sunday, May 27, 2012||approved|
Discussion for the Git Package
- This discussion is only about Git and the Git package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Git, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.