Downloads of v 126.96.36.199
Git for Windows focuses on offering a lightweight, native set of tools that bring the full feature set of the Git SCM to Windows while providing appropriate user interfaces for experienced Git users and novices alike.
- Git BASH: Git for Windows provides a BASH emulation used to run Git from the command line. *NIX users should feel right at home, as the BASH emulation behaves just like the "git" command in LINUX and UNIX environments.
- Git GUI: As Windows users commonly expect graphical user interfaces, Git for Windows also provides the Git GUI, a powerful alternative to Git BASH, offering a graphical version of just about every Git command line function, as well as comprehensive visual diff tools.
- Shell Integration: Simply right-click on a folder in Windows Explorer to access the BASH or GUI.
The following package parameters can be set:
/GitOnlyOnPath- this puts gitinstall\cmd on path. This is also done by default if no package parameters are set.
/GitAndUnixToolsOnPath- this puts gitinstall\bin on path. This setting will override
/NoAutoCrlf- this setting only affects new installs, it will not override an existing
.gitconfig. This will ensure 'Checkout as is, commit as is'
These parameters can be passed to the installer with the use of
-params '"/GitAndUnixToolsOnPath /NoAutoCrlf"'.
The package uses default install options minus cheetah integration and desktop icons. Cheetah prevents a good upgrade scenario, so it has been removed.
To install Git, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install git
To upgrade Git, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade git
- This package has no content.
Virus Scan Results
- git.188.8.131.52.nupkg (f070ee007959) - ## / 58 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- git.install (= 184.108.40.206)
|Git 2.15.0||142866||Monday, October 30, 2017||approved|
|Git 2.14.3||35692||Tuesday, October 24, 2017||approved|
|Git 220.127.116.1170927||178328||Wednesday, September 27, 2017||approved|
|Git 2.14.2||3462||Tuesday, September 26, 2017||approved|
|Git 2.14.1||54790||Thursday, August 10, 2017||approved|
|Git 18.104.22.168||7641||Monday, August 7, 2017||approved|
|Git 2.14.0||4129||Sunday, August 6, 2017||approved|
|Git 2.13.3||23437||Friday, July 14, 2017||approved|
|Git 2.13.2||20347||Tuesday, June 27, 2017||approved|
|Git 22.214.171.124||19384||Friday, June 16, 2017||approved|
|Git 2.13.1||4529||Wednesday, June 14, 2017||approved|
|Git 2.13.0||91178||Wednesday, May 10, 2017||approved|
|Git 126.96.36.199||56838||Wednesday, April 5, 2017||approved|
|Git 2.12.2||13828||Tuesday, March 28, 2017||approved|
|Git 2.12.1||14052||Tuesday, March 21, 2017||approved|
|Git 2.12.0||44698||Saturday, February 25, 2017||approved|
|Git 188.8.131.5270208||16955||Wednesday, February 8, 2017||approved|
|Git 2.11.1||6675||Friday, February 3, 2017||approved|
|Git 184.108.40.206||33647||Saturday, January 14, 2017||approved|
|Git 220.127.116.11||1546||Friday, January 13, 2017||approved|
|Git 2.11.0||30445||Thursday, December 1, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.10.2||23132||Wednesday, November 2, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.10.1||23150||Tuesday, October 4, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.10.0||21028||Saturday, September 3, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.9.3||16357||Saturday, August 13, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.9.2||13337||Sunday, July 17, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.9.0||425||Tuesday, June 14, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.8.4||340||Wednesday, June 8, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.8.3||216||Friday, May 20, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.8.2||286||Sunday, May 8, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.8.1||17391||Tuesday, April 5, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.8.0||6059||Tuesday, March 29, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.7.4||7478||Friday, March 18, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.7.3||3183||Tuesday, March 15, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.7.2||12940||Tuesday, February 23, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.7.1||9817||Sunday, February 7, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.7.0||109895||Tuesday, January 5, 2016||approved|
|Git 2.6.4||10209||Monday, December 14, 2015||approved|
|Git 2.6.3||16801||Tuesday, November 10, 2015||approved|
|Git 2.6.2||13269||Monday, October 19, 2015||approved|
|Git 2.6.1||8588||Tuesday, October 6, 2015||approved|
|Git 2.6.0||4244||Tuesday, September 29, 2015||approved|
|Git 2.5.3||6922||Friday, September 18, 2015||approved|
|Git 2.5.2||5335||Friday, September 11, 2015||approved|
|Git 2.5.1||6814||Monday, August 31, 2015||approved|
|Git 2.5.0||6955||Tuesday, August 18, 2015||approved|
|Git 18.104.22.16850320||65619||Wednesday, April 29, 2015||approved|
|Git 22.214.171.12450319||16639||Monday, March 23, 2015||approved|
|Git 126.96.36.19950114||29318||Wednesday, January 14, 2015||approved|
|Git 1.9.5||11033||Thursday, December 18, 2014||approved|
|Git 188.8.131.5240929||28083||Monday, September 29, 2014||approved|
|Git 1.9.4||34162||Friday, June 13, 2014||approved|
|Git 1.9.2||3297||Wednesday, June 4, 2014||approved|
|Git 184.108.40.20640303||13192||Tuesday, April 1, 2014||approved|
|Git 1.9.0||8966||Tuesday, February 18, 2014||approved|
|Git 220.127.116.11||8783||Tuesday, December 31, 2013||approved|
|Git 1.8.4||12235||Tuesday, September 17, 2013||approved|
|Git 1.8.3||9451||Friday, June 8, 2012||approved|
|Git 18.104.22.168||8340||Saturday, February 2, 2013||approved|
|Git 1.8.0||4756||Tuesday, October 23, 2012||approved|
|Git 1.7.11||3609||Thursday, June 21, 2012||approved|
|Git 1.7.10||988||Sunday, May 27, 2012||approved|
Discussion for the Git Package
- This discussion is only about Git and the Git package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Git, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.