Downloads of v 18.104.22.168
Visual Studio 2019 Community
Free, full-featured and extensible tool for students, open-source and individual developers.
Customizations and Optional features
By default, the package installs only the bare minimum required (the Core Editor workload). The easiest way to add more development features is to use the workload packages listed in the Release Notes section.
All package parameters are passed to the Visual Studio installer, enabling full customization of the installation. The possible parameters are described here. The package passes
--norestart --wait by default, and
--passive is specified in the package parameters.
After installing the package, more features can also be added by launching the Visual Studio Installer application from the Start Menu.
The language of the installed software can be controlled using the package parameter
The list of languages is presented here. By default, the operating system display language is used.
This command will install Visual Studio with all available workloads and optional components, display progress during the installation and specify the English language regardless of operating system settings:
choco install visualstudio2019community --package-parameters "--allWorkloads --includeRecommended --includeOptional --passive --locale en-US"
A reboot may be required after (or even before) installing/uninstalling this package.
If control over reboots is required, it is advisable to install the dependencies (esp. dotnetfx 4.7.2 or later) first, perform a reboot if necessary, and then install this package.
To install Visual Studio 2019 Community, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco install visualstudio2019community
To upgrade Visual Studio 2019 Community, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell:
C:\> choco upgrade visualstudio2019community
Install-VisualStudio ` -PackageName 'visualstudio2019community' ` -ApplicationName 'Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019' ` -Url 'https://download.visualstudio.microsoft.com/download/pr/1b6e9bcd-b9f0-45ec-848d-b91d7ac62659/f63d5e9540570c877020913190317949/vs_community.exe' <# https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vs_community.exe #> ` -Checksum 'B797BF28822D8FA914FF1B6F18D13BF30A58E775366063ADA5FC497E1D864B70' ` -ChecksumType 'SHA256' ` -InstallerTechnology 'WillowVS2017OrLater' ` -Product 'Community' ` -VisualStudioYear '2019' ` -Preview $false
Remove-VisualStudioProduct ` -PackageName 'visualstudio2019community' ` -Product 'Community' ` -VisualStudioYear '2019' ` -Preview $false
Virus Scan Results
- visualstudio2019community.22.214.171.124.nupkg (b102b265926f) - ## / 58 - Log in or click on link to see number of positives
- Package metadata updated for Visual Studio 2019 version 16.0.0 (the native installer always installs the latest released Visual Studio 2019 build).
- Updated bootstrapper url.
Available workload packages
- Azure development
- Data storage and processing
- Data science and analytical applications
- .NET desktop development
- Game development with Unity
- Linux development with C++
- Desktop development with C++
- Game development with C++
- Mobile development with C++
- .NET Core cross-platform development
- Mobile development with .NET
- ASP.NET and web development
- Node.js development
- Office/SharePoint development
- Python development
- Universal Windows Platform development
- Visual Studio extension development
|Visual Studio 2019 Community 126.96.36.199||1284||Sunday, June 9, 2019||approved|
|Visual Studio 2019 Community 188.8.131.52||1120||Monday, May 6, 2019||approved|
|Visual Studio 2019 Community 184.108.40.206||514||Thursday, April 18, 2019||approved|
|Visual Studio 2019 Community 220.127.116.11||235||Wednesday, April 10, 2019||approved|
|Visual Studio 2019 Community 18.104.22.168||225||Tuesday, April 2, 2019||approved|
|Visual Studio 2019 Community Release Candidate 22.214.171.124-rc40001||19||Monday, April 1, 2019||exempted|
|Visual Studio 2019 Community Release Candidate 126.96.36.199-rc40000||20||Sunday, March 31, 2019||exempted|
|Visual Studio 2019 Community Release Candidate 188.8.131.52-rc30000||20||Tuesday, March 19, 2019||exempted|
|Visual Studio 2019 Community Release Candidate 184.108.40.206-rc20000||30||Tuesday, March 12, 2019||exempted|
Discussion for the Visual Studio 2019 Community Package
- This discussion is only about Visual Studio 2019 Community and the Visual Studio 2019 Community package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the google group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Visual Studio 2019 Community, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.