In response to the current pandemic, Chocolatey Software is actively responding in a number of ways, such as enabling organizations to implement modern infrastructure that better supports a remote workforce, and ensuring our community continues to flourish.
Since the outset, Chocolatey Software has been a global company with customers, users, and employees all over the world. All of us are affected by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic in different ways. We understand how concerning this situation has been, and recognize that many of you are working through the challenges of keeping organizations running during this difficult time.
At Chocolatey, we have resources that can help enable our community. We can all get through this together.
Here's what we are doing:
- Ready To Go Environments - We recognize you and your teams are under a lot of pressure during this time with limited resources and compressed timelines. We've actively worked to provide a Quick Deployment Environment (QDE) to help you stand up recommended infrastructure within hours instead of days or weeks. (please see this post)
- Rate Limiting - We've relaxed the rate limits for packages from 20 per minute to 30 per minute to better enable your remote workforce. We are constantly evaluating if there is more that can be done here.
- Special Concessions - We are providing special allowances for essential organizations on the front lines or those that have been drastically impacted by COVID-19. We understand that you may be operating under new constraints and we are here to help.
- Delaying Price Increases - We've decided to hold back planned price increases for the foreseeable future.
- We're working even harder to ensure we can meet the needs of our customers during this unfortunate time.
Announcing Central Management Deployments - Manage Simple or Complex Scenarios with Ease
By Chocolatey Team | Thursday, May 21, 2020
We are gearing up for the 3rd release of Chocolatey Central Management (CCM), and this one will include an amazing feature that many of you may have been waiting for - managing endpoints with a full Chocolatey solution! We are really excited to share with you what Central Management Deployments will offer and how you can get your hands on it!
How to Deliver Work From Home in Unprecedented Times with Chocolatey Self-Service Anywhere
By Mukesh Sharma, COO & Co-Founder | Tuesday, May 5, 2020
Chocolatey's tools for packaging, distribution and management of Windows software is built by and for people solving everyday IT problems. There's no bigger problem today than the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic, and the business response has been to ask individuals to implement Work From Home -- wherever they can.
Chocolatey for Business (C4B) customers are using the Self-Service capability to overcome the challenges and deliver work from home. We wanted to share our learnings from our customers' experience to help others.
Enable Remote Work Without Compromising Security / Quick Deployment Environment
By Rob Reynolds | Wednesday, April 1, 2020
As part of the current pandemic, Chocolatey Software is responding in a number of ways. One of those ways is to enable organizations like yours to implement more modern infrastructure that better supports a remote workforce. Another thing we've done in response to this time is prepared a full environment based on our Chocolatey infrastructure architecture recommendations.
Join the Chocolatey Team on the Folding@home Project!
Chocolatey has started their own team for Folding@home! This project is focused on disease research. The problems they are solving include many challenging computer calculations, and they need our help to find cures. The Folding@home software allows you to share your unused computer power with them so that even more research can be done. Once the software is installed, everything is performed in the background on your machine and will not slow your computer down at all.
- What is Folding@home? Learn more here.
- View Folding@home Chocolatey team stats and information.
Click the button below to visit the Folding@home Chocolatey package, and help find cures to common diseases today.